S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

clutch noises-feel

Old 07-22-2010, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch noises-feel

so i have done all the DIY on clutch and clutch pedal.... greased the clutch and springs...
slave cylinder is new and greased. greased the inside of my tranny were the clutch fork connects to the clutch still my problem remains.
after about 10 mins of driving sometimes 5 with the ac on the clutch feels very notchy and not smooth.... pedal feels like sandpaper on way down and egagement... and when its in gear and i ease the clutch out in any gear you hear a slight chink and you feel it on the clutch pedal....
wondering if anyone has felt this before i bout the car with a said clutch replacement...
before i go buy the act hdss kit i want. i want to make sure there isnt any other ideas... or anyone else that had this problem... simple full clutch kit should fix my problem.... sorry for spelling posting from my cell phone thanks!
Old 07-22-2010, 09:56 PM

Have you tried checking the slave cylinder's push rod? If the surface isn't smooth and flat, that is most likely what is causing that grinding sensation.. Well in my case it was! Did that, re-greased everything, replaced CMC and my clutch/shifts are as smooth as never before!

Clicky for the DIY tutorial.

Peace.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:44 AM

try the above, and also try to get some grease on the ends of the clutch fork where it touches the release bearing. you'll have to pull the slave cylinder and dust cover off, and use a long screwdriver or something to get some grease on those fork ends.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:34 AM

Ya fellas push rod and clutch fork are smooth and greased I also greased the clutch fork the feeling and noise still comes back on hot days starting to think it's the pressure plate and the throw out bearing... Or a bad disc bc I hear every gear change when the clutch engages not just the feeling
Old 07-23-2010, 10:00 AM

Question on that DIY...do you have to rebleed the clutch after that procedure? I'd like to do that some day.

I've been feeling something weird on my clutch pedal as well. When pressing in the clutch, it feels a little notchy (almost like a spring is reseating or moving). Not all the time though. Haven't had a chance to look under, might just need a lube around the clutch pedal area. Car shifts fine though, just the clutch pedal when pushing it down to disengage.

Sorry, didn't mean to jack your thread.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:08 AM

relube the slave cylinder but first sand down the push rod make sure its nice and smooth then install on the clutch fork it should free you up... im really starting to think my problem is internal.... clutch bearing... or the disc or the spring or something
Old 07-23-2010, 02:21 PM

I also noticed it only feels notchy when the car is on and at certain rpms o hear a slight grinding noise n I feel it in the pedal.... And especially when I shift?
Old 07-23-2010, 05:11 PM

just drove the car cold and pedal feels great no noises no notchy soon as it warms up it gets bad... starting to think worn pressure plate and disc im starting to think if it as anything else it would be there cold or hot let me know fellas!
Old 07-24-2010, 10:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you changed your clutch fluid? Dirty clutch fluid can cause similar symptoms. I'd bleed the clutch and fill up with some fresh fluid.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:07 PM

yup i forgot to say that i bled the clutch also.... i feel something is definetly wrong with the clutch makes funny noises when the clutch engages its smoother at higher rpms then lower rpms... i feel the grinding sensation and i hear it... clutch is not smooth at all thinking the pressure plate is about shot also release bearing.... feels awful it grabs at high rpms but still... doesnt feel right. me greasing the clutch fork and slave cylinder.... that doesnt do anything.... car drives 10x better cold when heated up feels awful makes me think even more its the clutch

ANY OTHER IDEAS IM STARTING TO THINK A FULL ACT HDSS KIT WILL FIX ME UP NICE.... there is an oem exedy replacement clutch in there i feel the PP or something has definitely gone wrong..

Quick Reply: clutch noises-feel