S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Clutch Feeling Weird

Old 12-09-2005, 09:29 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

so i think i posted somewehre and you told me to do the gravity thing
Can you dig that up? I can't believe I would tell anyone to do a gravity bleed at any point in the process. Are you sure it wasn't in response to a completely different context?

Are you talking about this "How To"?
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118878
The "gravity" step is not included because that's not the way I did it. If you read that thread step by step, you need nothing else. If you're not taking the time to read it through, I can't help you.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by superjimbo,Dec 7 2005, 09:59 PM
So I did the clutch delay valve removal mod and everything worked out well. Well, it's been about 3 weeks or so and the clutch has started to feel a little weird to me. It feels as if it catches a little bit higher than it used to, the distance it takes for the clutch to fully engage seems a little longer, and the overall pressure of the clutch pedal feels less. However, these problems are very slight and perhaps I'm just imagining them (you know when you convince yourself something is wrong even when nothing is wrong at all?) Perhaps I bled the system incorrectly? My car only has 2200 miles on it so the clutch is in great condition. Am I just imagining this or is something wrong?

Jim
try searching but search feature isn't working....what's the clutch delay valve and what does it do....if it's what i think it is, then this is what ive not been happy with about the car. can someone plz explain and point me to a tutorial of how to remove it?
Old 12-11-2005, 10:31 AM

no see... i had bled it and it was feeling weird. i believe it was you who told me to do the gravity thing, but what i am unsure of was whether or not that was to be incorporated with the full bleed from the faq section. all i did was let some seep out while someone was pouring more fluid in.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by terahertz,Dec 11 2005, 01:31 PM
i believe it was you who told me to do the gravity thing, but what i am unsure of was whether or not that was to be incorporated with the full bleed from the faq section. all i did was let some seep out while someone was pouring more fluid in.
I don't think I would tell anyone to do a bleed in this fashion. Are you sure it was me and are your sure that you may didn't misinterpret what was posted? If you can find that post, I'll eat my words. This is just plain goofy advice.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:27 PM

i cant search right now the search just takes me to the forum homepage, but if thats not what you would do, what would you do?

my confusion stems from you bringing up gravity while the faq says nothing of it. what do you think should be done?
Old 12-11-2005, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by terahertz,Dec 11 2005, 09:27 PM
what would you do?

my confusion stems from you bringing up gravity while the faq says nothing of it. what do you think should be done?
I've already put up the link to what I would do since I'm the one who did that thread about "How To" do a clutch bleed. Since I didn't mention it in my DIY thread, that's why I'm doubtful that I would tell anyone to do it unless it was in context with a very specific and unrelated topic.

The only time I recall ever using the term "gravity" is in reference to push starting a car and the bleeding of the cooling system, which was related to how to park the car on an incline to help burp the air out.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:29 PM

oh okay.. maybe i'll try a rebleed. i thought there was air in my slave after the slave mod and bleed so thats why i thought you told me to point the valve to the sky and let gravity push the air out. was that not you? if not i'm sorry lol.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:34 PM

Received 1,403 Likes on 840 Posts

You've got air in the clutch system, plain and simple.

It was probably me that advised that. I've had great success with gravity bleeding only. However, there are many variables to this. If Xv has a posted solution I would follow it to the T
Old 12-11-2005, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by terahertz,Dec 11 2005, 10:29 PM
i thought you told me to point the valve to the sky and let gravity push the air out.
Mystery solved. I remember that post. It was not me.
(Thank God. I thought I was going nuts.)

As I suspected, this gravity bleed had very specific conditions and the context of that procedure was quite unique.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:43 PM

Received 1,403 Likes on 840 Posts

Your brain is safe bruva

Yeah the gravity thing is something I usually can't get across via the keyboard.

Quick Reply: Clutch Feeling Weird