S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Clutch Feeling Weird

Old 12-07-2005, 08:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clutch Feeling Weird

So I did the clutch delay valve removal mod and everything worked out well. Well, it's been about 3 weeks or so and the clutch has started to feel a little weird to me. It feels as if it catches a little bit higher than it used to, the distance it takes for the clutch to fully engage seems a little longer, and the overall pressure of the clutch pedal feels less. However, these problems are very slight and perhaps I'm just imagining them (you know when you convince yourself something is wrong even when nothing is wrong at all?) Perhaps I bled the system incorrectly? My car only has 2200 miles on it so the clutch is in great condition. Am I just imagining this or is something wrong?

Jim
Old 12-07-2005, 09:04 PM

Ok so I did some research and I think my problem might be that I have some air in my clutch line. Can anyone tell me how to correct this? My brother (who is much more mechanically inclined than me) helped me do the clutch delay valve mod and unfortunately I'm not nearly as mechanically inclined as I would like to be. Thanks everyone.

Jim
Old 12-07-2005, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unbolt the unit from the transmission, point bleeder valve to the sky, open bleeder valve and gravity bleed. Do not forget to fill the clutch resevoir with new brake fluid as you bleed it. Good luck.

Gabe
Old 12-07-2005, 09:22 PM

Thanks for the response, Gabe When you say "unbolt the unit," do you mean, take the slave cylinder off? Sorry for the stupid question, but I have no mechanical abilities. Does anybody have a DIY with pics for gravity bleeding? Pictures are always helpful for me.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:15 PM

i have blead it on other cars but not my s yet, if you have to people you can do this, just have one person in the car and the other cracks the seal on the slave cylinder. once its cracked have the person in the car push on the clucth pedle once its all the way down close the seal. repeat till its all clear
Old 12-08-2005, 01:42 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

actually from what i know
you depress the clutch pedal
then open the seal
close the seal
then release the pedal
repeat
Old 12-08-2005, 07:56 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by boyguan,Dec 8 2005, 04:42 AM
actually from what i know
you depress the clutch pedal
then open the seal
close the seal
then release the pedal
repeat
then release the pedal
If you've actually done a clutch bleed on this car, you would instantly know that this will not work. There is another step right after this.

Go to the FAQs and take a look at the "How To" on this.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:46 PM

i had this problem and it still hasnt gone away.. did i do something wrong?? i did the gravity thing but i did not touch any of the pedals i just let it seep out while someone else was pouring new fluid in.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:22 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by terahertz,Dec 9 2005, 01:46 AM
i did the gravity thing but i did not touch any of the pedals i just let it seep out while someone else was pouring new fluid in.
This is not the right way to bleed a hydraulic system. Gravity alone will not do it.

Go to the FAQs and take a look at the "How To" on this.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:45 AM

i mean, the gravity step was not included in the how to. so between which steps should i be doing the gravity? i bled once and it felt weird right? so i think i posted somewehre and you told me to do the gravity thing, but you did not mention doing a whole nother bleed, nor between which steps it should be done.

Quick Reply: Clutch Feeling Weird