S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

cloud of white smoke

Old 02-20-2009, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PJCC,Feb 20 2009, 02:45 PM
Oil change every 2500 miles, all those additives and fuel cleaners cannot be good for your car. They are designed to clean really dirty engines, which your car's engine is not if you don't even take the car to vtec land and always use new oil.

What a waste of time, money, effort and car.
I didn't post this thread to get judged. You dont know the situation of why I don't drive my car like I stole it and hit vtec every chance I get.
1. I live in an area where cops are pricks.
2. This is my daily driver
3. I Dont have a back up car so I can drive my car like I stole it
4. I was in a accident a few years back that made me realize driving wreckless and stupid is not safe thats why I don't do it. It was in an S by the way.
5. I Don't have the money to go to the track or buy tires so that is why Im not gonna learn how to drive my car in public streets
6. I Like to cruise in my car im not a "racer" yes I know the S2000 is capable of taking corners pretty badass Im well aware of that. A member actually took time out of his day to show me what this car can do in his S and yes he knows his car not like me and as much as I would like to drive it that way im not.
7. All im asking is for some advice not for someone to say im wasting my car. You did not buy it, I did if I wanted to I can smash it with a hammer if I wish.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:27 PM

Anyways.........So I replaced my test pipe with a HFC and when I reversed I didnt see smoke. Its been one day so far so im guessing it will take some time to see what happens. As for the additives Ill take the advice of the members and not add additives to my car anymore. I thought by adding the additives I would take more care of the car, so ill lay off the additives this next oil change and go from there. Hopefully some if not all the smoke will go away.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Funat9,Feb 21 2009, 02:18 AM] I didn't post this thread to get judged.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:45 AM

^^^ ok this isn't going no where so if your gonna be an ass don't post Im just asking for advice from other people thats all.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Funat9,Feb 21 2009, 01:45 PM
^^^ ok this isn't going no where so if your gonna be an ass don't post Im just asking for advice from other people thats all.
Let's see where it gets us now ...

Old 02-24-2009, 05:28 AM

Received 205 Likes on 141 Posts

PJCC, no need to be an ass. If the issue is resolved with the new TP, its all good, otherwise, let us know.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:36 AM

lol having a test pipe is no reason at all for the vehical to smoke I have 100+ mile on my car with a test pipe and I have ran a strait pipe and it never smokes. Your car probly has a bad leaking headgasket and it prolly smokes all the time. The reason you think it smokes only when you are in reverse is because your driving into the smoke instead of pulling away from it. I have seen hundreds of vehicals with strait exhaust that never smoke. Now the smell is going to be for sure the reason being ur not burning up the emissions your car is producing becouse of no cat. White smoke like everyone else has said is the burning of coolant leaking from the water jackets into the combustion chamber. I would look into the problem asap before it gets worse and causes damage to your vehical. On natural combustion meaning normal operation ur burning fuel and air if anything you could be running rich and you will get a puff of black. If your running realy rich blue smoke because your washing the rings out but not white. check it out dude.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Funat9,Feb 19 2009, 12:15 AM
well that makes sense because yes its embarresing that you have a nice car and its smoking out like you don't take care of it. That being said im sure its not the coolant, I didnt know it could do that and I know my fuel is good because I use a fuel cleaning system everytime I change my oil. It just happens when im rolling forward and start backing into reverse but without actually stopping. Then I notice that cloud of white smoke and when Im in traffic. But I can see how it can be the cat because its just a straight pipe nothing fat in the middle. IM gonna get rid of it and put my ebay testpipe back on and sell this one. Other than that, im guessing that would be it right? Nothing major to worry about just the fact that I dont have a stock cat on and the stock cat is what stops that smoke from coming out right???
A test pipe is a test pipe its just strait pipe..... no differance besides maybe diameter wouldnt waiste your time or money.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:50 AM

I have no cat either. I have a straight 3" catless, turbo-back dual mild steel pipe with 2 Megan racing 3" mufflers. No white smoke at all ever. Only black when flooring it.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:53 AM

So I put the HFC on and took the test pipe off and so far there has been no smoke, so im guessing that it was the test pipe??? Ill post up a pic of the pipe later on today and see what you guys think. I still think its wierd though, but now that I think of it when I put the pipe on, one side was tight and the other was loose on the bolting. In other words, one side of the spring was tight and the other was flingy. I dont know if its the pipe or what but when I bolt on the HFC, it fit fine. anyways what you guys think is it a bad test pipe?

Quick Reply: cloud of white smoke