S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

clear corner light side marker help!

Old 07-20-2010, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clear corner light side marker help!

hey guys im getting my headlights taken apart on thursday to remove the projector and install some new hids and i wanted to also clear my corners while im at it. anyone know a way to do this without purchasing the diffusers cleared? i think 100 dollars is wayyyy too much for 2 little pieces of clear plastic. any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 07-20-2010, 04:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nope, if you want clear diffusers, you will just have to pay $100 for them. Thats not much for an effective mod on this car. Were lucky they dont cost $300 for those peices of plastic. Most parts for our car are very expensive. Also, if you want the USDM style ones, you can pre-order the ones from ricks2k.com. Or you can go ahead and purchase the JDM ones, same price.

Or perhaps you could remove them completely. I dont really like the look of the mirror look though, especially on suzuka. I would get some clear diffusers if your doing it.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:29 PM

yeah i just pmed some guy and hes gonna email me pics of the light with the diffusers taken out. ill just wait and see how they look thanks though!
Old 07-20-2010, 05:23 PM

whoa i just saw a pic with no diffusers and im all over it thats definitely wht im going with. im also gonna put the audi style DRL. pics up on thursday
Old 07-21-2010, 08:15 AM

I wonder if the clear side markers would make the clear/no diffuser look ok on a suzuka?
Old 07-21-2010, 12:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've seen some pics of the diffusers removed on suzuka, not really a fan of it on our color. It looks the best on BB. Whatever floats your boat I guess! I thought I had a pic of a suzuka like that, ill try to find them tonight when im off work. I would much rather have the amber than having them removed.

Whatever makes you happy!
Old 07-24-2010, 09:33 AM

hey guys just incase any of you were interested heres the progres on the headlights so far. corner diffuser removed and painted the inside black so no more mirror look. then the high beam mirror things were painted flat black as well. projectors were remoced from the lights and installed new hid bulbs and ballast. and finally leds in the turn signal here are some pics
the lights are not finished in the pics. i will be picking them up from the guy who did them in about an hour and then i have to go get them wet sanded/ polished/ clear coated. more pics soon!

Old 07-25-2010, 01:19 AM

looks intense! haha
Old 07-25-2010, 06:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

First off all black inside the headlight is most likely gonna reduce the brightness alot atleast it did on a pair of civic headlights I modded years back. LEDs are rice in my opinion but hopefully you didn't mess up the brightness with the all black inners
Old 07-26-2010, 02:17 PM

obviously the brightnes of the highbeams and turn signals went to shit now that i painted it black but come on man i live in miami you dont need highbeams here. also the projector was removed but replaced by a reflector so i should actually be getting better light output according to the guy that did them and as far as the turn signal goes the brightness is obviously affected but thats kind of the point of the led's and as far as the ricer thing goes not everything that is different is ricey but thnks for your input. and btw ur s2k ^ is dropped to the dick! i like

Quick Reply: clear corner light side marker help!