S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Cigarette lighter

Old 02-12-2007, 11:02 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cigarette lighter

Hello everyone.

My cigarette lighter socket was loose for a while, and it came out of the hole. lol

The connections are still connected, just the thing is completely loose now, dangling by just wires . Anyone have any tips on how I can get it back in there, OEM styles? .

Thanks all,
Alex
Old 02-12-2007, 11:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm i have the same problem as well, was loose then i went to take my cell phone and it popped out. Let me know if you find a fix
Old 02-12-2007, 11:37 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fix is pretty simple, but a PITA.

The socket consists of two parts -- the socket itself and a ring that screws onto it from behind the console. That ring is what holds it in place. If you take the console out, it will all be very obvious and simple.

However, taking the console out is the hard part. It probably will take you a few hours.

Some people have been able to take out the panel behing the passenger seat and reach their arm around far enough to reattach the anchor ring by feel. I'm sure this will be a lot easier to do if you remove the passenger seat.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Move the passenger seat up. the two hooks behind the seat (on the back panel ) can be removed with a nut driver (10mm i think) just pull on the flap on the bottom of the hook and the bolt will be exposed. Pull off the panel, then you can reach behind the glove box area and tighten the metal body onto the power adapter itself. kinda hard to reach behind it, but I had the same problem, and this fixed it. some people put stuff on the threads to hold it better, just dont use anything permament, just in case you ever want to remove it in person.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the same problem, will have a go when I get chance.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:08 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crazys S2K,Feb 12 2007, 12:51 PM
Move the passenger seat up. the two hooks behind the seat (on the back panel ) can be removed with a nut driver (10mm i think) just pull on the flap on the bottom of the hook and the bolt will be exposed. Pull off the panel, then you can reach behind the glove box area and tighten the metal body onto the power adapter itself. kinda hard to reach behind it, but I had the same problem, and this fixed it. some people put stuff on the threads to hold it better, just dont use anything permament, just in case you ever want to remove it in person.
Thanks dude, I will try this when I get home from work

Have a great day
Old 06-03-2009, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slanguage,Feb 12 2007, 04:51 PM
bumping this up, is this still the best/easiest way to fix the problem? i too want to fix this as well.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:49 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

yes.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:54 PM

hey that happen to mine a while back ... pretty simple

1. take the panel behind the passenger or driver... Passenger might be easier...

2. make sure find someone's got a pretty skinny hands

3. you need to take 2 screws (you will see it once you remove your center console.

4. lift the compartment (recommended for smaller hands. (no not your daughter

5. make sure to tighten it pretty tight cause if you dont it might come off again. (happen to me twice.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by JTNY,Jun 3 2009, 11:26 AM
bumping this up, is this still the best/easiest way to fix the problem? i too want to fix this as well.
no its the only way.

Quick Reply: Cigarette lighter