S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Checking the oil in this car SUCKS!

Old 09-18-2002, 06:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're not willing to work with the dealer,
just unsympathetic to your whining, despite our suggestions
Willing? I have been more than willing and more than co-operative with the dealer in reparing my problems as well as cheery and good spirited with them. The issue still stands that in general Honda dealers do not treat us right and working with the dealer is really not an option. Let the dealer stick you and live with it is the real option. I still can't get the 2nd gear grind fixed on my 00. The dealer said it is not relevant on my car even though they have had it happen to them while driving my car with me in it. Now I have to deal with this 2nd gear grind because the dealer says I do since I am not on the "list" and other dealers will not help me either because of whats on the cars record. I don't see why I should spend months and many many hours of my time fighting to get a KNOWN issue fixed under a WARRANTY that I paid for! Why should I go back for another problem and go through the same crap. This is not my only complaint either. I think it sucks and this is why I will never own another Honda. When it happens to you maybe you will wake up to the facts.
Old 09-18-2002, 06:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

There is no REAL fix for the 2nd gear grind. However, after being denied a fix for it by my dealer, I tried GM Synchromesh tranny oil, and it took care of it.
Old 09-18-2002, 02:20 PM

The dipstick problem has been solved. The metal dip stick is molded into the handle crooked. It's not obvious due to the shape of the handle but it is off about 10 degrees or so. I bent it at the top near the handle so it is straight and it seems much better.

I still think it's bs that they can see and admit that there is in fact a problem but refuse to fix it just because. The service manager flat out told me that they will not repair the tranny and to live with it. He said not to worry because if it breaks it is under warranty. I just gave him a blank stare. I will try the GM oil and see if it helps.

Don't get me wrong I absolutely love this car. I just don't think that the service you receive is what you pay for. This is not a 8k Hyundai and I don't expect to be treated as if it is. I really feel sorry for those with blown rearends, engines, etc. that have been refused warranty service for a valid claim. Abuse is not valid in my opinion but many people have had trouble under normal driving conditions and been refused service. That's life I suppose.
Old 09-18-2002, 03:08 PM
Former Sponsor

My opinion on the issue about Honda's service for this car is that this is a LIMITTED production, high performance car. It IS NOT a Civic. I knew when I bought this car that it would not be as reliable as a Civic or Accord. I feel that this car is AT LEAST as reliable as any other limitted production, high performance car on the planet! At the price we paid for this car, there is no way AHM could possibly be expected to replace every transmission just because it grinds from time to time. There is NO fix for it. It is a design flaw.
Old 09-19-2002, 06:52 AM

I understand the things you mentioned but if you buy a Porsche from the dealer and take it in for service in most cases they will kiss your butt and get it right without having to argue with them. Even the Hyundai dealer should do that. Its just good business.
Old 09-19-2002, 07:38 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Freakaccident
[B]Even the Hyundai dealer should do that.
Old 09-19-2002, 07:43 AM

See thats wrong. We should all get treatment like that.
Old 09-19-2002, 07:55 AM
Former Sponsor

I am not disagreeing that AHM should be providing better support for the S2000, but Hyundai is obviously putting a lot of effort and $$ into their image right now, since they are not currently viewed as highly as Honda and Toyota. You should also consider that the drivetrain in the cheapo Hyundais are a dime a dozen, while the S2000 drivetrain is certainly NOT.
Old 09-19-2002, 09:23 AM

This is the 1st Honda I have owned. I have had my 01 at the dealer one time and was treated as well as I have ever been treated by a dealer. If you want to know how to be treated like dirt go to the Porsche dealer in Charlotte. I believe that it is not AHM, but more the local dealer. You may want to file a complaint with customer support advocate regarding the treatment you have received from the dealership. This is not the local field rep, rather someone out of the customer care center. Just a thought.
Old 09-20-2002, 09:00 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gernby
[B]I am not disagreeing that AHM should be providing better support for the S2000, but Hyundai is obviously putting a lot of effort and $$ into their image right now, since they are not currently viewed as highly as Honda and Toyota.