S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Check Engine Light and whistle off the AEM intake at hose and sensor HELP need info

Old 06-21-2004, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Engine Light and whistle off the AEM intake at hose and sensor HELP need info

MY check engine light came on and i have a whistle in the engine coming from the intake pipe at the sensor station that is screwed to the AEM intake. You can pull off this little cover and it stops, push it back on and it whistle at idle.

Any idea what this is.

Thanks
Old 06-21-2004, 03:30 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

You may have a vacuum leak coming from a bad hose connnection (damaged end?) or you may have the vacuum lines crossed or the one way check valve on backwards. Look here and trace all your lines and valves:
http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=105368
Then reset the ECU (CEL):
http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=183490
Old 06-21-2004, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK ill check, but i have had the aem on car for over 2 years and no problem like this....
Old 06-21-2004, 04:17 PM

Originally posted by REDS2KCA
OK ill check, but i have had the aem on car for over 2 years and no problem like this....
It is possible that some of your vacuum hoses may be getting cracked at the ends where they connect up or maybe even one has "heat hardened" to the point where it may have partially or fully slipped off. Look at all the ends and all the connections. Sometimes right where a hose pushes onto a metal fitting (tube), it can split.
Old 06-21-2004, 04:30 PM

An after thought:
The mention of the AEM intake kind of took me off into a tangent. Your CEL light may not have anything to do with the vacuum hoses. Get the code scanned and come back and post it. It is possible that your secondary air injection system is acting up. Does this hissing only happen after you start the car. Does it go away after a few minutes? If so, then it will be related to the air pump.
Old 06-21-2004, 04:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Xviper, your the man I've been trying for months to fix my vacuum lines after Super Autobac installed my V2 and messed up on the lines. I've been dealing with CEL for a while now and have changed the lines around once, after looking at another S w/ AEM CAI. I just went out to check and noticed the last 2 hose's were backwards so I fixed it. Hopefully the CEL will stay off permanently.
Old 06-21-2004, 04:56 PM

Well, I'm glad that this thread helped somebody even though it wasn't the original poster (yet).
Old 06-21-2004, 05:04 PM

Oh $hit,
hissing only happens after you start the car___YES
Does it go away after a few minutes?________YES
secondary air injection system is acting up
I thought that was normal
My CEL goes off and comes on at random?
Should I worry about this or wait until CEL comes back on, since I changed the hose's around?
Old 06-21-2004, 05:29 PM

Don't mistake "hissing" for the air pump pumping. It should be making some sort of noise when it's pumping.
As for the intermittent CEL, this is a tough one. You can't pull the code if it doesn't stick around.
As a routine, check your gas cap. It might be just starting to lose its proper seal. First make sure it's "clicked" on well.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:33 PM

I always remember to give the cap a good 5 to 6 turns.The best way I can describe the hissing is it sounds a lot like a very weak BOV that dissipates after the car's warmed up.

Quick Reply: Check Engine Light and whistle off the AEM intake at hose and sensor HELP need info