S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

CEL not blinking

Old 08-26-2014, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEL not blinking

MY01 has a sleeved block 87.5 mm CP pistons. Head is stock, I/E. 170k miles on the chassis. I haven't had a chance to take my car to an autozone to get a OBD2 scanner hooked up.

The car was running fine for about 1200 miles on the rebuilt motor until one day I was on the highway doing 60mph and the RPM's dropped to around 500 and sputtered up a few hundred and eventually the car stalled. When I pulled over I opened the hood to check for visible problems, nothing. I jumped the data port with a wire and I got 58 blinks= "TDC sensor B (or #2 tdc sensor failure).

I had the car towed home and I checked for ohms and continuity according to the repair manual and the sensor was bad.
I replaced the sensor and I tried to start the car. The car cranked but did not start. after a few attempts to start it I checked for a code using a jumper wire again. This time it said I had intermittent failure TDC #1, High IAT signal voltage and a couple other sensors with high voltage.

The next day I checked the engine light again and when I jumped the data port, using the correct ports, the CEL came on without blinking! It has done that ever since... *CEL light doesn't light up with key switched to ON, as if there is not a problem. Only lights up when port is jumped*
I couldn't find what that meant on the forums or the repair manual. I don't really know if it is the P1607 or not which is ECM failure.

Anyways I checked for voltage to the ECU and it has voltage and ground. The injectors are getting the right voltage and ohms. The coil packs and connectors are all getting the right voltage, ohms and continuity. All this done according to the repair manual troubleshooting section.

Just to address the bad TDC sensor readings I was getting I checked for ohms and continuity at the sensor connector and at the ECU plug for each TDC sensor. I didnt get any readings.

I tried another good ECU and the car still doesnt start and when the data port is jumped the CEL still stays on..

Any ideas?