S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

CEL EK!

Old 05-13-2007, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEL EK!

hey everyone, i just got a cel last night on the car . i took it to autozone to get it checked and it threw up a p0102 and some other code. The guy said it was also a missfire on 1 & 3... there is another code but he said it was a dealers code . All i know is missfire is BAD! The guy at autozone told me i should get a full tune up and it will fix the problem, what do you guys think i should do? Would taking it to honda be better? honda would cost me an arm and a leg lol.

Plus i have 63k on the car. My mods are AEM v2 intake, 5zigen full catback exhaust, berks test pipe. cusco catch can, and apxi grounding kit. Thats the mods i have for performace.

I hope someone here should help me point to the right direction, i dont need to get my and not able to drive MY00.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmm the car runs ok with all these codes?

I would go to honda get the coils and the plugs and throw them in and see if that fixes your problem. For now, pull your plugs and examine them to make sure you dont have a worse underlying problem
Old 05-13-2007, 08:29 AM

Received 1,401 Likes on 839 Posts

First off, write all the codes down. Even if it's a dealer code, you'll still get the numbers.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:04 AM

you guys think i should change out the sparkplugs and get injector cleaner?
Old 05-13-2007, 12:25 PM

Received 1,401 Likes on 839 Posts

No. you are wasting your time and money. You may even make it worse.

Get the codes first.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:15 PM

the nearest honda is about 30mins away
Old 05-18-2007, 09:25 AM

well i gone to honda in goldsboro nc and wow.. i gotta say, they are one dumb sh*t bricks.

well here it went, wed morning i took it to honda and told them i have a CEL on and i like to get it check out and fix. well of course they called me back and told me i have a misfire in 1 & 3.... like i told them from the start. Also they said the map sensor is bad. WTF, I dont see why it would go bad. so hey they are honda and all i want is my car to be fixed. so i give them the ok to fix... $341 out of my pocket.

well back next day(thur) to honda and paid the amout i owe. well they change out for a new map sensor, injector cleaner, and clear out my cel light. well they pretty much didnt do anything. i took my car back drove out of honda and gone up the road to see if my car would misfire again. I shift around 6k and yup pretty sure it misfire again. Turn around back to honda and told them it was misfireing again.

The person who help me with my car ( guy i talk to) ask me what was the doing, so i told him there was a popping and where i shifted my car at. Then out of the blue some guy pop his head (hat man) out in the next room/slot office and told me were was i shifting again. from there i got so pissed off at honda.. OMG i would never go there again. well here the canvo....

ME
Chuck (service guy who help me)
Dude hat man (also a service guy, asst service manager)

Me: hey chuck

Chuck: hey david back so soon?

Me: yeah chuck, but my car is misfiring again

Chuck: are you sure? is the CEL back on?

Me: no, its not on.. but i can still hear it.

Chuck: well then, what was the car doing?

Me: i drove it up the street and i shifted at 4k 1-2 and then 2-3 at 6k. At mid range the car started to pop and misfire.

Chuck: was the car shaking are doing something funny?

Me: yeah of course its misfi.........

:::: DUDE MAN POP HIS HEAD OUT OF HIS SLOT OFFICE::::

DUDE man: where were you shifting at?

Me: at daily drive and shift at 3500 to 4k but i shifted at 6k to see if it was misfire again

DUDE man: You know you have a rev limiter

Me: Yes, i know....

DUDE man: Then you know YOU ARE HITTING REDLINE!!

:::: Chuck sits back wondering wtf was going on ::::

Me: NO!!, i'm not hitting the redline

DUDE man: YES!! YOU ARE!!!!! there is a Redline for that car and do YOU EVEN KNOW WERE YOUR CAR REDLINE AT?!!!! (acting like i was stupid person who doesnt know anything about cars)

Me: (mean look) YES I DO, it REDLINE AT 9k!!!

DUDE man: NO, it doesnt!

Me: What are you talking about, ITS my car and i know where it redlines at!. ITS A S2000 which revs up to 9k, but if you like to get very technical redline at 8700k (checked out when i had my VAFC 2, which i dont have anymore). which is the older models and do you see that yellow s2000 outside...

DUDE man: ::::nood his had::::::

ME: revs at 8k! And you are telling me i dont know anything about my car?!!!

DUDE man: Yes you are hitting redline rev limiter

Me: OMG... We can go out side and go check, i'll give you a damn ride.... i have friends who are very close to me are honda technician. They even told me what the problem could be are the injectors are going bad because he had to work on 2 of them.... did the same crap you did to my car and nothing worked but replacing them.

DUDE man: ( dude man )..... .... .... (he didnt have any other comments)

::::: everyone at honda looking at us :::::

Me: i know for a fact i am not hitting redline! (pissed off mood)

Chuck: (comes back in, pulls me to the side) well david, we cant able to go for a ride, but we can do is have the honda technician who was working on your car for a ride. which would be him riding and you driving. Our honda technician wouldnt take your car pass high PRM because we repect the customers car ( ). From there he would know what the problem can come from.

Me: okay...

Chuck: well then, would you like to leave your come here with us and come back tomorrow or would you like to take your car home with you and come back with it tomrrow?

Me: i'll take my car and come back tomorrow:

Chuck: alright david, then i'll see you tomorrow morning ?

Me: sounds good ... (i turn around) (Talking in a low tone voice) f kin honda... dumb piece of sh t bricks.... (left honda)

Old 05-18-2007, 02:28 PM

its a misfire at idle usually. do a search for misfire and you will find that the injectors are probably dirty. but start with a new air filter or if you have aftermarket, recharge your filter. also clean the throttle body and stop by the dealer for a new MAP sensor...50 bucks
Old 05-18-2007, 03:01 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JDMallmotorAP1,May 18 2007, 09:25 AM
well i gone to honda in goldsboro nc and wow.. i gotta say, they are one dumb sh*t bricks.

well here it went, wed morning i took it to honda and told them i have a CEL on and i like to get it check out and fix. well of course they called me back and told me i have a misfire in 1 & 3.... like i told them from the start. Also they said the map sensor is bad. WTF, I dont see why it would go bad. so hey they are honda and all i want is my car to be fixed. so i give them the ok to fix... $341 out of my pocket.

well back next day(thur) to honda and paid the amout i owe. well they change out for a new map sensor, injector cleaner, and clear out my cel light. well they pretty much didnt do anything. i took my car back drove out of honda and gone up the road to see if my car would misfire again. I shift around 6k and yup pretty sure it misfire again. Turn around back to honda and told them it was misfireing again.

The person who help me with my car ( guy i talk to) ask me what was the doing, so i told him there was a popping and where i shifted my car at. Then out of the blue some guy pop his head (hat man) out in the next room/slot office and told me were was i shifting again. from there i got so pissed off at honda.. OMG i would never go there again. well here the canvo....

ME
Chuck (service guy who help me)
Dude hat man (also a service guy, asst service manager)

Me: hey chuck

Chuck: hey david back so soon?

Me: yeah chuck, but my car is misfiring again

Chuck: are you sure? is the CEL back on?

Me: no, its not on.. but i can still hear it.

Chuck: well then, what was the car doing?

Me: i drove it up the street and i shifted at 4k 1-2 and then 2-3 at 6k. At mid range the car started to pop and misfire.

Chuck: was the car shaking are doing something funny?

Me: yeah of course its misfi.........

:::: DUDE MAN POP HIS HEAD OUT OF HIS SLOT OFFICE::::

DUDE man: where were you shifting at?

Me: at daily drive and shift at 3500 to 4k but i shifted at 6k to see if it was misfire again

DUDE man: You know you have a rev limiter

Me: Yes, i know....

DUDE man: Then you know YOU ARE HITTING REDLINE!!

:::: Chuck sits back wondering wtf was going on ::::

Me: NO!!, i'm not hitting the redline

DUDE man: YES!! YOU ARE!!!!! there is a Redline for that car and do YOU EVEN KNOW WERE YOUR CAR REDLINE AT?!!!! (acting like i was stupid person who doesnt know anything about cars)

Me: (mean look) YES I DO, it REDLINE AT 9k!!!

DUDE man: NO, it doesnt!

Me: What are you talking about, ITS my car and i know where it redlines at!. ITS A S2000 which revs up to 9k, but if you like to get very technical redline at 8700k (checked out when i had my VAFC 2, which i dont have anymore). which is the older models and do you see that yellow s2000 outside...

DUDE man: ::::nood his had::::::

ME: revs at 8k! And you are telling me i dont know anything about my car?!!!

DUDE man: Yes you are hitting redline rev limiter

Me: OMG... We can go out side and go check, i'll give you a damn ride.... i have friends who are very close to me are honda technician. They even told me what the problem could be are the injectors are going bad because he had to work on 2 of them.... did the same crap you did to my car and nothing worked but replacing them.

DUDE man: ( dude man )..... .... .... (he didnt have any other comments)

::::: everyone at honda looking at us :::::

Me: i know for a fact i am not hitting redline! (pissed off mood)

Chuck: (comes back in, pulls me to the side) well david, we cant able to go for a ride, but we can do is have the honda technician who was working on your car for a ride. which would be him riding and you driving. Our honda technician wouldnt take your car pass high PRM because we repect the customers car ( ). From there he would know what the problem can come from.

Me: okay...

Chuck: well then, would you like to leave your come here with us and come back tomorrow or would you like to take your car home with you and come back with it tomrrow?

Me: i'll take my car and come back tomorrow:

Chuck: alright david, then i'll see you tomorrow morning ?

Me: sounds good ... (i turn around) (Talking in a low tone voice) f kin honda... dumb piece of sh t bricks.... (left honda)
Sorry about your situation

Sounds like you should have listened too billman from the get go...he was trying to save you all of the frustration you are going through now.

Dude man
Old 05-18-2007, 03:10 PM

Sounds like a crappy situation

Are you foreign? Cause im trying to affix an accent to this situation you played out for us

Quick Reply: CEL EK!