S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

cci stage 4 is almost completely undrivable

Old 06-20-2010, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cci stage 4 is almost completely undrivable

I installed a competion stage 4 clutch and I have read now that they are infamously not good for daily drivers. (guy who sold it to me said it wouldn't be a big change from stock, but its still my fault for not researching better)

So I have now learned that it is a pretty hard clutch to daily drive and is built that way. But what I am experiencing is rediculous!

I searched how to adjust the clutch pedal but most advise against it. My clutch engagement is extemely high. In fact I'm sure it could not get any higer.

can anyone give me some info or thoughts on this. driving the car now takes complete concentration at lights and there's still pleanty of stalling major jerking.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:35 PM

I have a competition stage 1 in my integra, it's moderately stiff and does have a extremely high engagement point as well. I actually prefer it that way.

However, I had a friend with a omni clutch that was a workout to press every time.. I still don't understand how he drives every day with that car.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:07 PM

Received 64 Likes on 25 Posts

my hyper single is awesome. i don't know why people say its hard to drive. not too stiff on pedal pressure, you have to relearn taking off and reverse but other than that its good
Old 06-20-2010, 08:36 PM

No offense...you guys are saying a stage 1 is okay and fine,... this dude has a stage 4. dont know much about this but i can only assume thats a huge difference
Old 06-20-2010, 08:52 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

If you car is not making 600 plus Hp you don't need that clutch.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have CC stage 4 6 puck, i love it, it's really light, but the bad thing is that it bites like hell, just have to get used to it
Old 06-21-2010, 05:09 AM

Received 3,728 Likes on 2,639 Posts

the engagement point is adjustable. Loosen the locknut with 12mm wrench, turn the clutch rod anti-clockwise to lower the engagement point. Trial and error adjustment until you get it at a decent point.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by S2KPUDDYDAD,Jun 20 2010, 08:52 PM
If you car is not making 600 plus Hp you don't need that clutch.
yeah, I know what you're saying. I guess I got it because I am trying to get up there in HP with a turbo kit at some point when I can pay cash (I am not going to finance or credit card a turbo kit).

the clutch will still drive this way at 600hp though right or will the increase in torque cause at least some slip and make it less of a slam.

I feel like right now in order to move smoothly in first I have drive in such a way that would quickly ruin the oem clutch in a matter of weeks.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by dantediss,Jun 20 2010, 08:36 PM
No offense...you guys are saying a stage 1 is okay and fine,... this dude has a stage 4. dont know much about this but i can only assume thats a huge difference
as i said, my friend had an incredibly stiff clutch, the stiffest omni sells and he drove it fine, every day. The clutch was stiff enough where even using two feet it'd still be difficult. I know I can't compare it to his cci 4 but stiff is stiff.

You get used to it, or you change it out.

His other issue was the high engagement point. From my experiences and what I read from other people with competition clutch, the engagement has always been really high.

As far as doing anything about engagement points, you can't really change it. If it's really high up then try to flush the fluid and make sure no air bubbles are in it and nothing is leaking out. Adjust the pedal a little, however have enough free-play or you'll burn the clutch.

Maybe a different hydraulic fluid can be used, but i have never dwelled into hydraulics enough to suggest one.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Meshca,Jun 21 2010, 08:43 AM
stiff is stiff.
I don't know about that... I think they rank the stages at 1,2,3,4 because stiff is not simply stiff.

I know what you mean though, your friend has a more stiff clutch than oem and he's learned to live with it.

I am just trying to find out if there are others with this clutch and if it sounds like the same experience they are having. That way I can know if somethings wrong with my car or not. this is my first experience with a clutch that bites this hard.

It's very stiff and she's biting hard... What?

Quick Reply: cci stage 4 is almost completely undrivable