S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Car won't start! Please help! (vid inside)

Old 11-21-2012, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would it be a good idea to try to start the engine by rolling the car down a hill and popping the clutch? Or could that further damage things if the engine really is locked up?
Old 11-22-2012, 02:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not just do what was mentioned before by 2 different people?

Take a 19 mm sockst on a 1/2 breaker bar and try turning the motor over by hand.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by 2003AP1
Why not just do what was mentioned before by 2 different people?

Take a 19 mm sockst on a 1/2 breaker bar and try turning the motor over by hand.
Originally Posted by JDMricist
Put starter back in and everything back together. Tripple checked all the connections, checked grounds, checked fuses, don't really know what relays to check since I couldn't find any starter relays. The engine will turn counterclockwise with a wrench but not clockwise.
I've tried everything you guys told me. Even trying to wiggle it around in 6th gear. Trust me, I'm truely desparate here. Especially since I have to wait till Monday to take it to my trusted mechanic..
Oh and for more info it's a MY05. And I daily drive this car with no problems. I literally drove the car to a gas station, turned the car off, filled up, and now it won't start.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:37 PM

have you tried roll starting the car, rolling it and popping it into second or first with the ignition on, as long as the engine is not binding up it should start if its a starter problem.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:38 PM

Is the cam wheel bolt nice and tight? no leaks coming from it?
Old 11-22-2012, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by apme123
have you tried roll starting the car, rolling it and popping it into second or first with the ignition on, as long as the engine is not binding up it should start if its a starter problem.
Never had the chance and still can't really try it if I want my car back in my garage. Cause if it doesn't start then I'm screwed and would need another tow.

Cam wheel is tight, no leaks.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:56 AM

Received 1,398 Likes on 837 Posts

If your engine does not turn clockwise with a wrench, then you may have servere engine damage.

Take the spark plugs out and try again to turn the motor a few complete turns by hand.

THIS IS your best advice, dont bother asking anything else or listening to any other advice until you do this.

Trust me
Old 11-23-2012, 06:23 AM

^i would trust him if i were you
Old 11-23-2012, 08:21 AM

I am currently having a very similar issue with my 2002 S. Except for mine doesnt make the noise and the dash lights dont dim. This has been an ongoing issue for over a month. It started very intermittently (once every 6-10 starts). I would push the button and nothing would happen, push it again and it would start. I took it to both dealer and TOS for diagnostics. They at first diagnosed as a weak battery, replacing the 1 year old battery did not fix. They could not get it to fail after that. It has gotten worse over time. This morning I had to push the button about 10 times before car started. I notice once it starts it has no problems restarting and usually will start first time without issue for at least the next 5-6 hours. I notice it seems that when the engine is cold is when I have the issue. Could this be a starter issue?
Has anyone had a starter go out on their S and what were your symptoms?
Thanks
Old 11-23-2012, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Billman250
If your engine does not turn clockwise with a wrench, then you may have servere engine damage.

Take the spark plugs out and try again to turn the motor a few complete turns by hand.

THIS IS your best advice, dont bother asking anything else or listening to any other advice until you do this.

Trust me />
Thats one thing I haven't tried yet. I'll try that as soon as I get home from work. Thanks for your expertise Billman!

Quick Reply: Car won't start! Please help! (vid inside)