S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Car won't start, flooded with gas (FIXED)

Old 09-13-2011, 07:17 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by s2cho
Originally Posted by S~Factor' timestamp='1315864099' post='20966390
[quote name='MasterForce' timestamp='1315855356' post='20965755']
well that bolt holds the coils in place. also what do you mean unclip injectors? maybe that plug is from cyl #4
I unclipped the wires running the injectors (see red circles below).
Any significance of the plug on cyl #4?

Originally Posted by s2cho
how did it sound when it started?
Its bogging and shaking... but its running.
think its still flooded. take out the spark plugs and let it sit for about a day. a hour or 2 wont be enough to evaporate that much gas with such a small opening.
[/quote]

I am able to burn it off by unclipping the injector clips. The car runs (barely) until all the fuel already in the engine burns off. So the spark plugs are working... but will try anyway... I'm desperate, will try anything at this point.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did the MIL come on? Any codes?
Old 09-14-2011, 08:20 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

pull the ecu fuse out and let it reset. then do a rolling start. my friends evo 9 mr was on e85 and when it was cold it would just flood and not start. that thing was a pain to get started in the cold and a pain for a rolling start.. he also had the act racing clutch and fly wheel. so when ever he poped clutch trying to get it to start its like he hit a brick wall. and ill be behind the car pushing and get slammed into the trunk lol.

but go on a hill and get some momentum 5-10mph and start in 1st. dont do second. it will just die again and people pushing it will be furious they have to push more. hopfully that will get it running and you can get the extra gas out your system. but if it floods agian... you have bigger problems. maybe faulty injectors.

PS- if you really flooded your car that bad it has to much gas in the oil. you can put some oil into the cylinders and get it started, but i would just change the oil. a car needs three things for the engine to start and that is spark fuel and compression. the oil is where the compression comes into play. too much gas in the oil will make the compression go bad.

When you try to start it. keep your foot all the way on the throttle. that tells the car that it is in flooded mode and it will cut off the flow from the fuel system and burn off the gas.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:30 AM

Okay. I got a loaner injectors and fpr, swapped it out this morning with high hopes.... Nothin'. Same problems. Car would only start with injector clips unplugged. Don't really know what I could check next. There's fuel going in, fuel going out, there's spark since it would start with the injectors unplugged. I even tried starting with gas cap open just in case the evap system is clogged.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:28 AM

This morning I am planning on stripping the wireloom on the injector wiring hoping to see a short somewhere. Also planning on doing the "Map Whack". I am all out of ideas.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:01 PM

I'm up for any ideas, fellas...
Old 09-18-2011, 06:19 PM

Received 247 Likes on 176 Posts

Those plugs are not wet fouled. They look nice and dry, if they were wet fouled you could shake the raw gas off of them. No gas on those plugs. You could try some starter fluid, just a little spray into the T/B and it should start. It might not run very long but it will start(I use starting fluid on my lawn mower every time I start it). Don't use much, a little goes a long way.
http://www.google.com/search?q=start...w=1280&bih=685

ROD
Old 09-19-2011, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by rrounds
Those plugs are not wet fouled. They look nice and dry, if they were wet fouled you could shake the raw gas off of them. No gas on those plugs. You could try some starter fluid, just a little spray into the T/B and it should start. It might not run very long but it will start(I use starting fluid on my lawn mower every time I start it). Don't use much, a little goes a long way.
http://www.google.com/search?q=start...w=1280&bih=685

ROD
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate any ideas you can throw my way.

I know its getting flooded because the gas is dripping out of the exhaust (test pipe). Isn't starter fluid just another form of gas?
Old 09-19-2011, 10:48 AM

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Ray, do you have a vacuum leak? Did you pull the egr valve or remove the solenoid that goes on the stock air box?
Old 09-19-2011, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Soul Coughing
Ray, do you have a vacuum leak? Did you pull the egr valve or remove the solenoid that goes on the stock air box?
Hey Jon. That's all gone when I did the Air Pump Delete a few hundred miles ago. No vacuum leak that I could see... I've been staring at my engine bay for the last 3 days.

Quick Reply: Car won't start, flooded with gas (FIXED)