S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

car wont start, error code p0607 and p0135

Old 09-20-2019, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car wont start, error code p0607 and p0135

car was running normal and came out to start it and no start, checked the plugs and they were wet with fuel (changed them with new ones after i saw this just in case), the green key does not light up on the dashboard - its doesnt blink or even light up at all. car cranks over fine but its not sparking, i used an obd2&1 scanner and came back with p0607 control module and p0135 codes o2 sensor.
any help or thoughts to point me in the right direction would be great! i also checked all fuses and they all looked and tested good as i used a probe light to check.
Old 09-21-2019, 05:36 AM

Received 95 Likes on 52 Posts

1st check is to make sure the 02 sensor is not shorted, as that may cause a P0607 to set. If the 02 sensor is not shorted, it may be a plain engine ECM malfunction.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by fatjoe10
1st check is to make sure the 02 sensor is not shorted, as that may cause a P0607 to set. If the 02 sensor is not shorted, it may be a plain engine ECM malfunction.
thanks man, i ordered both o2 sensors and also ordered another crank sensor for good measure and will let you know.
now heres some weird stuff i found in the meantime, i pulled the ecu to check inside to see if i noticed any burnt stuff or anything, first thing i noticed was the the ecu had def been opened before as it was missing some screws but looked clean inside. So i googled the number on the outside of the ecu and its actually an ap2 ecu not an ap1. the car ran fine before with it, not sure why someone would swap that in there but that's what ive got for the moment.
Old 09-23-2019, 05:53 AM

Received 95 Likes on 52 Posts

Can you post some pics of the ECM?
Old 09-23-2019, 01:48 PM

Default here are the pics of the ecu

Originally Posted by fatjoe10
Can you post some pics of the ECM?

Old 10-15-2019, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmy Sandifer
car was running normal and came out to start it and no start, checked the plugs and they were wet with fuel (changed them with new ones after i saw this just in case), the green key does not light up on the dashboard - its doesnt blink or even light up at all. car cranks over fine but its not sparking, i used an obd2&1 scanner and came back with p0607 control module and p0135 codes o2 sensor.
any help or thoughts to point me in the right direction would be great! i also checked all fuses and they all looked and tested good as i used a probe light to check.
update:
the car started right up one day no changes to anything previously same error codes as before. found my lower injector seals were leaking so replaced them and the car ran really good....then after about 3 days it would not start again.
since then i have replaced the ecu with an actual ap1 and new ignition set with key, now i have a functioning security light that goes out properly and no more error codes. this did not fix the car though. then went back to the normal checks and found alot of pressure in the radiator and then noticed my oil was turning milky too. checked compression again and now have low compression in 2 cylinders, took the head off and viola, found a crack in the head gasket between the 2 cylinders.
no finally finding a definite problem.
so off to the head shop to check out this head and plan on replacing retainers and timing chain while i'm in there.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:42 AM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

Sounds like you are on the right track. Be very careful about shaving the head. Lots of posts on the forum about troubles after shaving the head on this car. Suggest you do some searching and reading. I believe Billman for example is very much against shaving the head. How many miles does the motor have on it? Did it overheat?
Old 10-15-2019, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by rpg51
Sounds like you are on the right track. Be very careful about shaving the head. Lots of posts on the forum about troubles after shaving the head on this car. Suggest you do some searching and reading. I believe Billman for example is very much against shaving the head. How many miles does the motor have on it? Did it overheat?
i got lucky and was able to buy a low mileage ap2 head that needs nothing for an outstanding price, ordering a new timing set along with head gasket and gasket set. my motor has 140k on it and did not overheat.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:39 AM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy Sandifer
my motor has 140k on it and did not overheat.
Do you know why the head gasket failed?
Old 10-16-2019, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by rpg51
Do you know why the head gasket failed?
ive had the car a little over a month now, put maybe 500 miles on it and it never overheated. its obvious someone has changed the head gasket before and i don't know if they went cheap or what but i found an obvious crack in the head gasket between cylinder 1 and 2 and then found the one exhaust valve that has a cracked retainer but luckily didnt drop a valve. previous owner claims to know nothing about cars so dead end regarding previous work.
my goal is to get it running reliably and enjoy it, not looking to race it or anything.
things ive replaced to this point
brake and clutch switch grommet, put back in ap1 ecu and matching ignition, plugs, o2 sensors, injectors,
things i will be replacing
head and all gaskets, timing chain set with new oem tct, vtec gaskets, all hoses
with the new to me ap2 head i will be using the ap1 valve cover so i can have 2 cam sensors and i am on the fence about using the ap2 cams and switch the timing gears on the back or using my ap1 cams

Quick Reply: car wont start, error code p0607 and p0135