S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Car Wont get into gear, Clutch wont catch. UPDATE!

Old 02-22-2011, 05:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen something like this before on an Integra, but the guy was driving the piss out of it trying to be a street racer. He was hard launching at redline... but leaving the pedal at the engagment point so the bite would be immediate when the light changed... we that didn't last long so first went the OEM clutch, then I popped in a New Clutch Masters stage 2 and barely 2 weeks later he was back with the same problem... all of the material was reduced to dust, pulp and fibers... I know you said you don't abuse your car, but it seems like its either a defective disc, bad adjustment or bad driving... I know the guy who owns Competition Clutch, I use to work for him when he was the head of sales for Clutch Masters.

Competition Clutch's are basically exact clutch masters clutches. I've run both... pretty much the same. Jewell knew clutches like the back of his hand and could recite specs in his sleep, I'm pretty sure when he went on his own he hooked up with a builder and just vomited a bunch of specs for his initial line.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rosodigital,Feb 22 2011, 06:40 PM
I've seen something like this before on an Integra, but the guy was driving the piss out of it trying to be a street racer. He was hard launching at redline... but leaving the pedal at the engagment point so the bite would be immediate when the light changed... we that didn't last long so first went the OEM clutch, then I popped in a New Clutch Masters stage 2 and barely 2 weeks later he was back with the same problem... all of the material was reduced to dust, pulp and fibers... I know you said you don't abuse your car, but it seems like its either a defective disc, bad adjustment or bad driving... I know the guy who owns Competition Clutch, I use to work for him when he was the head of sales for Clutch Masters.

Competition Clutch's are basically exact clutch masters clutches. I've run both... pretty much the same. Jewell knew clutches like the back of his hand and could recite specs in his sleep, I'm pretty sure when he went on his own he hooked up with a builder and just vomited a bunch of specs for his initial line.
I would have to go with the bad adjustment...

So i bought a new clutch from the same company same exact setup.