S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Car stalls at Stop and Go Traffic

Old 10-06-2004, 11:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slows2k,Oct 7 2004, 05:00 AM
Salaska, does the car stall with the Air Conditioning on at idle?

I've noticed that it takes longer for the PCM to compemsate for A/C load at idle, and the RPM drops, then takes a few seconds before stabilizing. ( more pronounced with the E-manage) Mine has never stalled unless the engine is cold and I leave the AC on.

Where in the injection table are your changes?
A/C was off all the times the problem happened.

Nearly the whole injection table has changes, even in non-boost area. Maybe i should zero the settings in such area's without boost and let the PCM handles them.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:05 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

If you are still using the Comptech FMU I don't see why any injector changes need to be made before boost.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:22 AM

I whacked the MAP-Sensor and resetted the ECU. Also i altered the E-Manage Settings.

But no success and today i got a CEL (P0132 Primary O2 Sensor High Voltage). I use a PLX-M300 with a Bosch Wideband Lambda Sensor which is used as the primary O2 Sensor (Stock Sensor was removed).

On the PLX-M300 the A/F Ratio reacts normal, maybe the cable which goes from the PLX-M300 to the ECU is loosen. I will check this tomorrow.

Could this CEL cause the problem with the bad idle and nearly cut-offs in low throttle activities?
Old 10-19-2004, 08:31 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have not seen a MAP related idle problem.. but I have seen idle problems. I have found that the IK24 plugs which are terrific for track use are the source of my occasional idle problem. When I have a numerous cold starts for short trips in traffic I eventually have an idle problem. A number of miles of higher RPM / load to really get the engine hot will return my idle to normal.. Or I can return to the IK22's for periods of dedicated street use and the hotter plug refuses to foul the same way so the idle is fine.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by cdelena,Oct 19 2004, 05:31 PM
I have not seen a MAP related idle problem.. but I have seen idle problems. I have found that the IK24 plugs which are terrific for track use are the source of my occasional idle problem. When I have a numerous cold starts for short trips in traffic I eventually have an idle problem. A number of miles of higher RPM / load to really get the engine hot will return my idle to normal.. Or I can return to the IK22's for periods of dedicated street use and the hotter plug refuses to foul the same way so the idle is fine.
The idle is not the big problem but the main problem is the bog at low throttle which is nearly like a fuel cut off.

An Example:

In Stop an Go Traffic: Car Idles fine, but when i hit throttle the car bogs sometimes. I have than to play with the clutch and give more throttle. Than the car bogs a little and run fine after i floor the gas pedal...

Another Example:

Car runs, i let the throttle off and accelerate after the rpm's drop to 3000. Car bogs till 4000 rpm than it runs great.

I have no problems at WOT at all. Only i low and half throttle....
Old 10-20-2004, 12:42 AM

I just checked the Primary O2 Sensor with my OBD-2 Tool.

It seems to run without a problem. The voltage goes up and down when i hit throttle and does not stay long over 0.9V....

But so far the CEL came up the second time now (2 weeks ago and yesterday), which makes me wonder.

I will soon swap the Throttle Body, maybe this is the cause.

BTW: If an fuel injectors fails, it should throw a CEL, right?
Old 10-20-2004, 04:18 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

what is the DTC?

Usually if an injector goes bad, a misfire DTC will be set.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Slows2k,Oct 20 2004, 01:18 PM
what is the DTC?

Usually if an injector goes bad, a misfire DTC will be set.
DTC was P0132 Primary O2 Sensor High Voltage.

I was just curious if my problems could be a cause of a damaged injector.

Tomorrow i will order a new MAP-Sensor and hopefully this will solve the bogging...
Old 10-21-2004, 11:02 AM

Today the problem comes again. But this time i looked at my wideband gauge and it shows me the the A/F Ratio was very very lean (19.1:1 and up).

Than i parked my car and let it idle. Even at idle the A/F Rate was at 19:1 and up. I shut down the engine and start it again. The A/F at idle dropped down to 15:1 - 14.7:1 which is normal. It was like a fuel cut....

As i said this problems happens only at half throttle in low rpm's. But when this happens even a full throttle barely help. All i can do is to play with my clutch.

No CEL yet. Could it be the MAP or TPS Sensor? Or could it be damaged Primary O2 (which is a Bosch Wideband). What me makes wonder is, if the primary O2 Sensor would be defective it would not show anything on the wideband gauge, right?

I really need your help!
Old 10-21-2004, 11:47 AM

[QUOTE=Salaska,Oct 19 2004, 08:22 AM]
But no success and today i got a CEL (P0132 Primary O2 Sensor High Voltage). I use a PLX-M300 with a Bosch Wideband Lambda Sensor which is used as the primary O2 Sensor (Stock Sensor was removed).

On the PLX-M300 the A/F Ratio reacts normal, maybe the cable which goes from the PLX-M300 to the ECU is loosen.

Quick Reply: Car stalls at Stop and Go Traffic