S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Car in shop for 2 months.....HELP!!!

Old 11-20-2002, 07:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE:

I called today and they said there was suspension damage and ordered the parts on Monday..they should be there today or tomorrow. Also, on the drive over to their other shop where they do the suspension, the rear (which they replaced) was leaking gear oil from the seal. They said it was a defective seal and had to order a new one....if they have to go internal with this problem, they would have to send it out again to where they had it done before. I am looking at the beginning of next week being the earliest I can get my car back...but I'm sure it will be longer...
Old 11-20-2002, 11:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ITS NEVER ENDING! Dam...Hope its soon!
Old 11-22-2002, 08:29 PM

UPDATE:

All the necessary parts are in and the reconstruction of the left-side suspension and seal replacement starts on Monday. Tuesday is the re-assembly period and touch-up work. Wednesday is quality control and test drive and I should have my car back by the afternoon. Finally, I think the end is in site...

MAS: How is your car doing? Is it finished or still in the shop?
Old 11-23-2002, 08:22 AM
mas

I have been a bit busy, didn't get a chance this week to get in touch with the body shop. I have the car and I've been driving it like grandma with a bent lower control arm - it's winter time anyways.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by striklybidnis
[B]UPDATE:

All the necessary parts are in and the reconstruction of the left-side suspension and seal replacement starts on Monday.
Old 11-26-2002, 09:33 PM

HA HA HA HA HA!!!! And I actually thought I was getting my car back!!!

Well, ends up that the guy doing most of the work did not know what he was talking about; or at least is terrible when estimating time. I called today, as planned, and found out that they need to send the rear back out to the original repair shop to get the seal fixed...and they are sending it tomorrow...so much for forward thinking! They said the suspension is done and the car is 85% reconstructed, but have to wait for the rear to come back before doing the last assembly, QC, and road test...

I figure if I get it back next friday, I'll be lucky. All I can do now is laugh...its the only thing keeping me from going insane....
Old 11-26-2002, 10:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The insurance company better be well aware of what has taken place - and be very up to date with them and your situation. Man... oh man... that's just too long to be w/out your car.
Old 12-05-2002, 09:49 PM

UPDATE:

As of Wednesday, the car was 100% completed....except for the defective seals that were installed in the differential housing that caused the leak. I was under the impression they were sending the car back out, but after my discussion with the tech., i think they are taking care of it themselves. The new seals were ordered and came in late on Wednesday, but they were not identical to the ones that came out of the original housing. Evidently, the old ones were metal and the new ones they got are rubber/plastic. They are confirming the part before installing. I will call tomorrow (Friday) to see where we are at...I have my fingers crossed, but I have been in this situation before....
Old 12-06-2002, 06:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahhh just in time for all the fun gravel/sand they throw on the road with all this snow...Gotta love drifting.
Old 12-06-2002, 10:25 PM

I called today (Friday) and they said that those were the right selas, but the sent them two of the same one, rather than two different ones...they should get it in by the end of the day, have them in by Mon-Tues and I should have my car back then.

However, when the guy was moving the car in b/c of the snow, he noticed that the inside of the convertible top was bent. Just cosmetic, it doesn't leak. He said it will take 3-4 weeks to get it, then 2-3 days to put it in. I will pick up my car next week, then come back when the top comes in....it truly never ends....
Old 12-07-2002, 03:01 AM

Your lucky, Ive been w/o my car since 9/04/02 2months 3 days for the same type of accident as yours, subframe, control arms, and body work.

The tough part is my car is all ready for me to pickup, accept my
insurance company got liquidated (aries) and the body shop won't release my car until they get there $6200.00

Quick Reply: Car in shop for 2 months.....HELP!!!