S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Car goes to shit at Vtec.....?

Old 03-26-2007, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe someone took out your cams in the middle of the night and ground down your vtec lobes to small nubs and put them back in?
Old 03-26-2007, 10:18 AM

maybe someone took out your cams in the middle of the night and ground down your vtec lobes to small nubs and put them back in?
Old 03-26-2007, 10:51 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mxt_77' date='Mar 26 2007, 08:50 AM
Why are you bumping this when you haven't mentioned if you tried all of the ideas that we provided. There's no point in us to continue troubleshooting if you aren't going to try the things we say.

As mentioned, have you tried the MAP "whack" (not really a whack anymore, but whatever)?
Well, in all honesty b/c I can bump it.

I personally know some of these guys, so Im also talking to them via PM.

I know some of the ideas provided, may and may not have relevance to my problem. Some of the posters are morons when it comes to the S2000 ie "check the plug wires" guy, sorry it's a fact.

I am weeding out the good and bad information. If you don't wish to continue adding info, then please don't.

Unfortunately I don't have ample time to work on the car. So Basically Im trying to get all the ideas together and then start going through the suggestions one by one once I have a day where I can set down and begin.

Im not a fan of starting a project and working on it for a few hours and then leaving it and picking it back up the next day or two days later.
Sorry.

Thanks to all who have contributed, I WILL update with further information hopefully by tomorrow or tomorrow evening.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Speedra500' date='Mar 26 2007, 10:19 AM
SOB I bet they did!
I did stay the night in Nashville.......
Old 03-26-2007, 12:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NVMY4N' date='Mar 26 2007, 12:51 PM
Unfortunately I don't have ample time to work on the car.
But you already said that you've tried the fuel injector cleaner. It definitely takes less time to pop the hood, pull the MAP sensor plug off and plug it back in securely than it does to run to the store, buy some FI cleaner and pour it in your tank. Plus, it's a free fix and has my own personal stamp of approval!

Do it!
Old 03-26-2007, 12:18 PM

Actually I did the FI cleaner on Thursday. and this incident didn't begin until Sunday afternoon.

Also I don't drive the car daily.......it usually sets in the garage. And has for the winter....(4.5-5months)

on a better note Im taking it at 5pm for a scan. To see if it logged the problem with out throwing a CEL.......

Ill do the MAP sensor before I go, and test it on the way.

It has to have something to do with Vtec - it runs great until you get into range. That's what is the most frustrating part of it all.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:35 PM

I had a very similar issue. But I had a CEL on. It turns out that the Secondary 02 sensor was bad. After replacing it, I was in VTEC All the way to 9k.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:44 PM

Okay so the verdict:

VTEC Solenoid

I got home, got the car, MAP Whacked (nothing), drove over to the shop where I have some of my work done, he plugged in the computer and we drove around engaging vtec and it's the solenoid.

Clogged? or just Bad. I dunno. Im just gonna order a new one (as long as its not like $500 ) and then have him to replace it if the screen is clogged (I'd do it but he will be changing out my rotors,pads,lines, and fluids for the Dragon, so Im just gonna let him do it all at one time.
Also gonna change out the plugs, it probably needs it.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:58 PM

anyone know how much vtec solenoid is?
Old 03-26-2007, 03:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

google is your friend....

Quick Reply: Car goes to shit at Vtec.....?