S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

car bogs now after taking out of storage...

Old 03-02-2008, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car bogs now after taking out of storage...

I have never had this problem til i stored my car about two months ago. It had about 1/4 tank of chevron 91 octane when i put it away for hybernation. This whole bogging down thing started the day i pulled it out of storage.

The problem exists when i am taking off from a complete stop or very very low speeds. this problems ceases when i give the throttle a higher rev. I was wondering if this could be a bad gas or water in tank problem... but i have had about 2 full tanks since then. So then i was thinking it could be a tune-up problem... but i had just replaced spark plugs last fall. Could it be this PCV valve thing i always hear about? I'm not even sure what this part even does and when it should be replaced, and where it is even located under the hood.

SO.... which is it... bad gas....PCV valve.....water in tank.... tune-up problems?

I am just lost, and am in need of some assistance. I would take it to a shop/dealership around here... but am 1 of 4 in my town with S2K's and i am the only one that is modified.

If this helps diagnose me... i have cold air, header+TP+exhaust. thanks in advance-
Old 03-02-2008, 08:23 PM

no check engine light?
Old 03-02-2008, 09:00 PM

Fill the tank with good gas and change the plugs. See if that helps...
Old 03-03-2008, 04:22 AM

I would stay away from British Petroleum (BP gas). If you're using that, try speedway!
Old 03-03-2008, 04:25 AM

does sound like water could be your problem-----add several bottles of dry gas or if there's a marine supply store nearby--stop in there and pick up some "water-sorb" or equivilent----water in boat gas tanks is a very common problem and all marine stores sell gas additives that disperse the water into the gas so it doesn't bog the car down.
(water in the tank comes from either condensation from the moisture in the air or from the gas station tank--doesn't take much in the tank to really make tha car bog down)

Did a search on the same problem, came up the the answer above. Search before posting please
Old 03-03-2008, 08:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is nothing wrong with your car. After being in storage the environmental factors have changed (temperature, moisture level in the air, etc) and it takes some time for the ECU to learn.

Its all in the FAQ section of this forum posted by xviper. I think suspecting and changing items in your car, will only provide more possibility of causing harm than good.

Best,
J
Old 03-03-2008, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by 1.8TsBLOW,Mar 2 2008, 10:58 PM
SO.... which is it... bad gas....PCV valve.....water in tank.... tune-up problems? ...
Carnac says...
Old 03-03-2008, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by CrAzYNeSs,Mar 3 2008, 09:45 AM
There is nothing wrong with your car. After being in storage the environmental factors have changed (temperature, moisture level in the air, etc) and it takes some time for the ECU to learn.

Its all in the FAQ section of this forum posted by xviper. I think suspecting and changing items in your car, will only provide more possibility of causing harm than good.

Best,
J
+1
Old 03-03-2008, 01:36 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

In the future fill your gas tank completely and put a fuel stabilizer in prior to storing. this will negate the possible moisture problem.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:10 PM

^ agree
your suppose to fill the tank full when storing the vehicle. stabilizer isn't really necessary, but you can if you want to be extra safe.

Quick Reply: car bogs now after taking out of storage...