S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Canton Accusump Install

Old 04-03-2005, 05:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canton Accusump Install

I finally figured out where to install my Accusump accumulator. Since I had run out of room in the engine compartment with the turbo install, I thought I would have to install it in the trunk and run a long line under the car. But after removing the air pump, a lightbulb went off and it became obvious where to put it. So here are some pictures.

I haven't plumbed it in yet because I still waiting for parts, but when I do, I'll post some more pictures.
Old 04-03-2005, 05:36 AM

Hmm looks like you killed the weight balance. If the stock vehicle is 50-50, then you added a turbo next to the engine, an intercooler far front, and the accusump. But you replaced the oem air pump so this is good

nice work there!
Old 04-03-2005, 06:16 AM

Weight balance is not an issue. Its not like Honda scientifically calculated the weight of every piece of equipment that went into the car and then they scientifically determined where the best location was. Besides, with the battery in the trunk, an intercooler up front, the stock induction replaced with a turbo system, no cat, custom exhaust lighter than stock, light weight Willwood brakes, lighter than stock wheels, lighter than stock seats, etc., etc., etc., do you really think I'm worried about killing the "weight balance" of the car?
Old 04-03-2005, 07:37 AM

My 05 honda brochure says that the weight distribution is 49/51... which means he can add approx 56 pounds to the front of the car to get it totally equal (given that the car weighs 2800 pounds).... So odds are he's still pretty close to 50/50, unless the manual is wrong.

Old 04-03-2005, 03:55 PM

nice installation there fperra
what size is that accusump?
All the theory sounds good but how well does it work fred?
Old 04-04-2005, 05:26 AM

Received 80 Likes on 33 Posts

Looks great, Fperra. After you have it up and running, please let us know how it's working.

Do you have an oil pressure gauge? I'd like to know if you get oil pressure before pressing the start button. That Accusump should allow your engine to last forever.

Are you going to use an oil filter sandwich adapter, or are you going to have to relocate the oil filter anyway for the turbo install?
Old 04-04-2005, 04:47 PM

Probably this is going to sound very stupid of my part, but what does this part exactly do?
Old 04-04-2005, 05:46 PM

2 fast for u, it's an oil/oil pressure reservoir. It's been around for a long time. Just use google. I've seen these on old porche track cars in Australia. The owners speak highly of it. It helps oil surge and start up.

I've not seen it on honda as yet. Hopefully fperra and others will chime in as to how helpful the accusump have been for honda on the track. I probably will give it a try once my car is completed too.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:11 PM

looks good man! let us know how effective it is!
Old 04-04-2005, 07:00 PM

Looks nice - How much???? I wonder if it will benefit my new Alaniz motor? Oil starvation is a big concern with me - Does this help in that dept. or does it just keep the system presurized?

Quick Reply: Canton Accusump Install