S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Bypass Control Solenoid

Old 05-10-2012, 08:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bypass Control Solenoid

Problem: Bypass control solenoid making buzzing noise.
What's been done: Air pump delete kit (about 2 months ago) and research that leads only to folks who are looking to purchase a new one.
Codes: None as of right now

I would like to know exactly what (Part 2) does and if it's needed before I purchase one used/new. Keep in mind, I have a air pump delete kit, I reside in Florida, and this car won't need to pass any emissions testing. Furthermore, if I don't need (part 2) do I need (part 3) ?

Looking at the diagram below I am wondering if I even need the following:
  • Part 3 - Vacuum Tank
  • Part 2 - Bypass Control Solenoid
  • and pretty much everything attached to this

Looking into the future, if I was to remove all this, would I essentially be connecting hose 8 --> hose 6?

Thanks in advance
--Matt
Old 05-10-2012, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you deleted the Air Pump all that stuff is useless? that's what im thinking since most of the vacuum lines are deleted with the air pump
Old 05-10-2012, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by BBV S2K
if you deleted the Air Pump all that stuff is useless? that's what im thinking since most of the vacuum lines are deleted with the air pump

Thanks for the quick reply. That's what I was thinking too.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:06 PM

was looking trough the forum and all that is taken out when they do the Air Pump delete...
Old 05-10-2012, 09:20 PM

was looking trough the forum and all that is taken out when they do the Air Pump delete...

Yup. http://www.izzeracing.com/Simulator_Instructions.pdf

All I had to do was read the instructions.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:50 PM

you drove 2 months with that stuff there... sounds like a classic me... do stuff first then read instructions...
Old 05-11-2012, 10:12 AM

you drove 2 months with that stuff there... sounds like a classic me... do stuff first then read instructions...
What's ironic is I read those instructions millions of times due to the wiring diagram and messing with the fuse box. I surely did not want to mess it up. Looks like I focused on the upper portion more than anything else.

Oh well. Learning experience nonetheless.

thanks for all the help.

--Matt
Old 05-11-2012, 03:24 PM

Yeah I lost the breather off the damn thing and couldnt find a replacement without replacing the entire sensor.. So I decided to stop donating to the dealership and just remove the whole system. Did the mod a week ago and glad I did. Less things to go wrong..
Old 05-11-2012, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by _brandon
Yeah I lost the breather off the damn thing and couldnt find a replacement without replacing the entire sensor.. So I decided to stop donating to the dealership and just remove the whole system. Did the mod a week ago and glad I did. Less things to go wrong..
Indeed! And it opens up some room in the bay and in the front bumper area for those looking to do brake vents (AP1) and whatnot.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:29 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

And that "clean engine bay" that everyone so admires contributes to the pollution we and our children must breathe.....

That air pump is on the car for a reason.......unless you're tracking the car 100% of the time, it should be left in place.

Unless, of course, impressing your friends with a clean and open engine bay is so important to you....

Oops, forgot about the nanoseconds of faster acceleration you now have with the 2-3 lb weight reduction.....sorry

Quick Reply: Bypass Control Solenoid