S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

bulding motor...need ideas

Old 02-11-2004, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

really? damn!! thatz the way it comes? or are farther modifications necessary?

Tuner
Old 02-11-2004, 09:12 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HondaS2000Tuner
umm...thanx...hahaha

ITz all nice motors and all but I need to know specifically on the F20C.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:15 PM

well right now I can only stand off to stock or (yes) small 6z and nearly no 8z. But if therez a 500hp S2000 already complete there is no reason why I have to back down. Besides I was kickin butts with my 89 CRX 2 years ago (I sold it to get the S). So I've done it before and I can do it again. Just takes time and unfortunately $$$. Also going straight isn't my game. I find drag more of a race to see whoz got more money to spend on their cars rather than driver skill. AutoX is for me where your techniques and skills on the curves and straight determines the winner not on the amount of $$$ dropped in your car.

Tuner
Old 02-12-2004, 02:44 AM

I am getting my stuffs from AEBS.
I heard a few good and negative recommendation with MS. Have not heard anything negative for AEBS yet.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:52 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HondaS2000Tuner
well right now I can only stand off to stock or (yes) small 6z and nearly no 8z.
Old 02-12-2004, 04:24 AM

< flame suit >

Just about everyone here has no (real) personal experience with Mike Simon, or close knowledge of exactly what is in his motor build. What Mike offers is experience and something that is proven. He has built many F20C's and shipped them out as crate motors, and they have always started up and ran fine. He is also able to remove and install the F20C very quickly. This is undeniable, and really, this is what is important.

It's very easy (VERY) to destroy a motor, built or not. I can do this in about 5 minutes (or less) given access to the ECU. Unfortunatly the AEM EMS system makes it so easy for just about anyone to access to mess with, experienced tuner or not.

As soon as the motor blows up, and you take it to local a shop, what are they going to do? They will tear it down, and say "this motor wasn't built right, I can do it better". It's natural. 90% of performance shops talk sh!t all day long about other shops.

Mike doesn't promote himself in any way, besides through me, and I don't do much besides answer questions. It's hard to deal with people who don't understand what it takes to make 500+ horsepower, and often it's not worth the time.

It's so easy for everyone to come on here and talk sh!t, or say "I heard from someone that he is bad", "The motor build is questionable", "My shop says the motor was built wrong", etc, but it only happens a couple times that someone comes on and says "Man, this motor is great". (You'll likely see "My tuner did a great job", "My fab guy did a great job") The motor is just there, and it works. It takes the boost, and keeps going.

Who built the motors in the two 500+ rwhp S2000's (that I know of)?

Anyways..

Mike doesn't do anything special to the motor to make it rev to 11,000 rpm, besides valve springs. You can do this with a stock S2000 motor. He did it because it kept making more and more power, and he eventually stopped, I believe, in fear of over-revving it. This was with the stock s2000 cams.

Also,

alexf20c, don't be fooled by the "low torque" f20c that we all know and love. When you have a built motor running 23+ psi of boost, it will scare the sh!t out of you. It will go from a 100 mph to sh!t you pants in 3 seconds flat. Just because it's a "low torque" 500+ rwhp doesn't mean it's not 500+ rwhp. Also keep in mind that the car is very light - relative to the "big dogs" - and also the gearing is setup for a high revving "low torque" motor. When you put a turbo on it, you can zip through gears in a blink of an eye.

If you guys have any serious questions, you can contact me.

Anyone left that isn't pissed?

Chris
Old 02-12-2004, 04:48 AM

I have a Mike Simon built engine. I now have problems with it. If you want customer service he is not the guy you want. He does not warranty his own work. He doesn't even answer your calls back. But yes his engines can take 9,500 rpm not 11,500. I know from personal experience..
Old 02-12-2004, 04:48 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by honda9krpm
I am getting my stuffs from AEBS.
I heard a few good and negative recommendation with MS.
Old 02-12-2004, 04:53 AM

Originally posted by Hobbyholic
I have a Mike Simon built engine. I now have problems with it. If you want customer service he is not the guy you want. He does not warranty his own work. He doesn't even answer your calls back. But yes his engines can take 9,500 rpm not 11,500. I know from personal experience..

What happened you rev to 11K and it blew?

Tuner
Old 02-12-2004, 04:54 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cjb80
< flame suit >

Just about everyone here has no (real) personal experience with Mike Simon, or close knowledge of exactly what is in his motor build.

Quick Reply: bulding motor...need ideas