S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Buddy Club Racing Spec coilovers....

Old 09-13-2005, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buddy Club Racing Spec coilovers....

I recently lowered my S on some BC race spec coilovers, and noticed a 3rd adjustable colar. I always thought there were only 2, why the 3rd? I currently have my car lowered to 1 finger gap all around, and left the 3rd colar at the bottom of the coilover thread thinking that's where it belongs.

Should this be moved up at all? If so what is it for?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:52 PM

loosening the bottom collar allows you to thread the shock body out of, or in to the lower fork. this allows you to adjust ride height without messing with the preload of the springs.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by 808style,Sep 13 2005, 10:52 PM
loosening the bottom collar allows you to thread the shock body out of, or in to the lower fork. this allows you to adjust ride height without messing with the preload of the springs.
When I received them they were set at the bottom so I figured that's where they belong. I have installed them, and have driven around, they feel fine other than a loud BAM when going over medium to larger bumps. Could this be the reason why they might be so loud? Matbe I should have adjusted?

Thanks.

Old 09-14-2005, 12:21 PM

so the shock body is threaded all the way into the lower fork? if so, your car must be slammed. if you're that low, you might want to check that the 2 upper collars arent hitting the A-arm.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:31 PM

you might need to take them all out and check for the hieght agian.... depending on how long ago you put them in. It is not that hard for them to move all around if only one collar is tight.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by 808style,Sep 14 2005, 12:21 PM
so the shock body is threaded all the way into the lower fork? if so, your car must be slammed. if you're that low, you might want to check that the 2 upper collars arent hitting the A-arm.
Yes, exactly the collar is all the way down. I have only put 50km's since I lowered it, and am having it re-adjusted this coming Friday so that I don't damage anything.

The car has a 1 finger wheel gap all around. I may have to raise it?
Old 09-14-2005, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by KAY'S,Sep 14 2005, 12:31 PM
you might need to take them all out and check for the hieght agian.... depending on how long ago you put them in. It is not that hard for them to move all around if only one collar is tight.
The car was lowered recently, and is being looked at this Friday to correct the mistake. Hopefully I can kepp the ride height, but if Im damaging anything I will raise it to be safe rather than sorry.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:13 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1 finger gap is fine.

Doesn't the bottom collar stay at the bottom so you can not thread the sleeve to adjust height?

The top 2 collars (top and bottom of the spring) adjust preload and the bottom stays tight to the bottom unless you want to adjust it.

Just like this (google image search, Note: you can not see the top collar)

I think you installed them just fine.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:54 PM

Jasonoff: This is exactly how they look when they were installed. I guess it was installed correctly then? (adjustment wise)

When I received the suspesnion they were set, but not low enough for my liking. My mechanic adjusted the top 2 collars and left the bottom alone. Do you think we need to go back and adjust? Or am I fine?

I thought for some reason the bottom collar (in image) needed to be adjusted for pre loading purposes?

Thanks.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got the same coilovers and I haven't adjusted them yet. I do know that every small bump I go over though, i hear a loud BANG which scares me. I hope i'm not hurting anything..

which collar do you turn to adjust the height though? is it the collar all the way to the bottom? because i tried turning that one and it didn't budge. i guess i should do it harder?

Quick Reply: Buddy Club Racing Spec coilovers....