S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Break in the 2.5L inlinepro engine

Old 06-06-2005, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kane.s2k,Jun 6 2005, 01:53 PM
But it's pretty much decided that the motor didn't blow from running lean

14.5's on a N/A motor isn't gonna blow it with 91-93 octane...and definately not in the low amount of miles he had on his motor and ESPECIALLY with low throttle. Here's a factory example...my bike:
12.8:1 (or was it 12.4:1) compression
91 Octane minimum
14.5's all across +/- .5 at different RPM's
Built for high load safely

If 14.5's are so dangerous on a well built block N/A block...a lot of manufacturers would be pulling out and revising. The knock sensor would have pulled out a lot of timing if there was knock. It's easy to just blame him since he made a mistake but the odds are heavily that it wasn't just the injectors. Majority of the time, low load & short milage engine failures are defects in the engine itself, not the tune.

He also stated that the plugs were fine and didn't show anything abnormal which also goes against pre-ignition from bad gas or w/e.

Running lean might have caused it, but it's pretty unlikely...maybe if he was gunning it around and didn't tell us. But it doesn't matter. He already agreed to pay for basically half.
you see what i am saying. if it was done there way then they would need to pay for it. by not doing it there way they have a way out
Old 06-07-2005, 12:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BlkturboS2k

What I do not understad is why the engine blow after 400 km of driving on highways when it was completly tuned with bigger injectors, RPM redline 7,500 .

Once jeremy recieve the block, he can study it to find which cause blow the engine
Old 06-07-2005, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by S2000_Europe,Jun 7 2005, 03:15 AM
BlkturboS2k

What I do not understad is why the engine blow after 400 km of driving on highways when it was completly tuned with bigger injectors, RPM redline 7,500 .

Once jeremy recieve the block, he can study it to find which cause blow the engine
I understand 100% Belive me, I have been doing this with them alot. Like I said. If you would of done what they said then the motor would of been on them. I have had ALOT of motors. 90% of the time I did not listen to them so I cant blame it on there work. I dont kow if there work is what was bad or if the large pistons will get stressed easy. But past all of that, if you would of done what they said and the motor went then they would not of had a way out. If I was Inline I would of done the same thing. If you dont listen to them and your motor blows they should not pay for it! Its like being in school, just do as your told
Old 06-07-2005, 06:26 AM

Sorry i have not posted in a while guys i've been quite busy with school and such.

Honda9k, yes i am using a stock oil pump. However im unsure if inline modified it in any way. It possible they did, but i doubt it they would have told me if they did. On a related note i am planning on purchasing some defis which have tehy playback feature and i will be buying the Oil Pressure and Coolant tempature gauges for the time. I wil be sure to sure to share my findings of the oil pressure once i get teh gauges. (no flaming me on teh guages shaun).

Juan, i agree that it is quite odd as to why it blew after a good bit of driving.I'm curious to see what Jeremy says about your motor.Hope everything will go well for try number two!

veilside, I respect where your coming, where reliability is far more important then Performance. But im a lunatic and will except a compramise inbetween reliability and performance.So far with my motor its been prety reliable, except for my head getting warped and cuasing air pockets in the coolant we milled the head put a new head gasget on. When the head was pulled off jeremy gave a look through the motor and everything is great no scatches in the sleeves or anything abnormal, this after over 6000mi on it with no oil squirters . Since ive had it back ive put over 700mi on it no over heating or anything. With in the 700mi. i took it on some hard drives,some racing that occured on a street and some passes on the track so i would say this motor is more then happy at least for the time

-Matt
Old 06-07-2005, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by white_S2000@16,Jun 7 2005, 09:26 AM
Sorry i have not posted in a while guys i've been quite busy with school and such.

Honda9k, yes i am using a stock oil pump. However im unsure if inline modified it in any way. It possible they did, but i doubt it they would have told me if they did. On a related note i am planning on purchasing some defis which have tehy playback feature and i will be buying the Oil Pressure and Coolant tempature gauges for the time. I wil be sure to sure to share my findings of the oil pressure once i get teh gauges. (no flaming me on teh guages shaun).

Juan, i agree that it is quite odd as to why it blew after a good bit of driving.I'm curious to see what Jeremy says about your motor.Hope everything will go well for try number two!

veilside, I respect where your coming, where reliability is far more important then Performance. But im a lunatic and will except a compramise inbetween reliability and performance.So far with my motor its been prety reliable, except for my head getting warped and cuasing air pockets in the coolant we milled the head put a new head gasget on. When the head was pulled off jeremy gave a look through the motor and everything is great no scatches in the sleeves or anything abnormal, this after over 6000mi on it with no oil squirters . Since ive had it back ive put over 700mi on it no over heating or anything. With in the 700mi. i took it on some hard drives,some racing that occured on a street and some tire burning circles so i would say this motor is more then happy at least for the time

-Matt
I will just call you and yell at you. so much more easy