S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Brake Bleeder

Old 09-30-2006, 06:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Bleeder

So I'm looking for an inexpensive brake bleeder so I can do it at home. I've searched previous posts and am uterlly confused. It seems like a lot of members have had leaking issues with some. What is a decent all round unit I can do at home by myself and doesn't cost much? Finally where can I buy one (website)?
Old 09-30-2006, 06:45 AM
VAD

I use the MV6206. Haven't had a problem yet. Paid $50 at NAPA (cuz that's where I work ).

http://www.mityvac.com/pages/products_hvp.asp
Old 09-30-2006, 07:21 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I am personally not a big fan of the vaccum bleeders.

I have run speed bleeders. Basically they replace the bleed screws and have a check valve in them. This allows you to open the valve, then go pump the pedal, then come back and close the bleeder. They work well, and if you are bleeding often (if you track your car for example) then these are a good option, because it's easy bleed AT the track.

The pressure bleeders are probably the best overall solution. They look like a garden sprayer with a master cylindar cap on the end. You fill it with fluid, attach the cap to your master, then pump up the pressure in the can. Then go to each wheel (in turn) and open the bleeder. This pushes the fluid out of the system, and keeps the master full. It's not the most track friendly solution because you would need to bring it with you, but if you have a trailer, it's no big deal.

Of course, these could be used together for an ideal set of choices.

Speed bleeders:
http://www.speedbleeder.com/

The go fast lab sells the pressure bleeder.
Old 09-30-2006, 07:27 AM

I think I'm headed for a pressure bleeder. The S only needs 1 L of brake fluid correct?
Old 09-30-2006, 08:15 AM
Ek9
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my pressure bleeder. You don't actually have to put fluid in the bleeder tank. You can use it to pressurize the master cylinder then just add fluid to the MC as needed. The reason I do it that way is because, you can get spilliage as you take if off if you put fluid in the tank.

This depends on how much you bleed it though. If you bleed till the tank is dry and the MC fluid level starts to drop, it's a non-issue.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:32 AM

I too track my s2k and need a bleeder system for a one man operation. Anyone use the speedbleeder valves? Recomend them?Also recomendations on a pressure bleeder to use.not familiar with them.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:19 AM
Ek9
Banned

"Go Fast Labs" (sponsor here) sells the one I use. If you get one, you don't need speed bleeders. You hook a hose to the bleeder nipple, crack the valve and the brake fluid just gets pushed out into your holding bottle, no fuss, no muss.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought my power bleeder directly from the source, off the Motive Products website. It did show up broken, but they immediately sent me new parts. Works great.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:09 AM
Banned

Hey does the motive have the proper fitting cap for the brake MC and clutch MC?

Assuming you got this model

IMPORT POWER BLEEDER KIT. Comes with adapters to fit most imported cars (Adapters 1100 and 1101). All bleeders come with everything you need to bleed your hydraulic brake or clutch system and our full 1 year warranty. Application Guide. (Model 0251)
Old 09-30-2006, 11:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ruexp67,Sep 30 2006, 08:21 AM
Of course, these could be used together for an ideal set of choices.

Speed bleeders:
http://www.speedbleeder.com/

The go fast lab sells the pressure bleeder.
This is what I have

Quick Reply: Brake Bleeder