S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

BOMZ Racing Cold Air Intake Kit

Old 04-15-2004, 11:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showt...threadid=190650
http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=186785
http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showt...7&highlight=AEM
Old 04-15-2004, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I know is I felt a gain that was confirmed. Also Hydro lock occurs when the volume of water entering the intake is so great that is does exactly what the term hydro lock means... It locks all air from entering the intake manifold therefore making it impossible to create a proper air/fuel mixture, i.e. suffocation. The probablity of having a car suck up enough water from a puddle a few inches deep is not even measurable let alone impossible (unless the intake is submerged). Also the claim that a drop of water with no significant propulsion traveling through almost 3 ft. of tubing, up hill no less, makes it all the way to the intake maniold before being evaporated is nonsense. So in other words I don't believe these hydrolock claims of sitting in a miniscule amount of water. Can you suck water out of a glass a few inches away from your mouth? Not without a straw you can't. Same concept.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by JayDeeEm
All I know is I felt a gain that was confirmed. Also Hydro lock occurs when the volume of water entering the intake is so great that is does exactly what the term hydro lock means... It locks all air from entering the intake manifold therefore making it impossible to create a proper air/fuel mixture, i.e. suffocation. The probablity of having a car suck up enough water from a puddle a few inches deep is not even measurable let alone impossible (unless the intake is submerged). Also the claim that a drop of water with no significant propulsion traveling through almost 3 ft. of tubing, up hill no less, makes it all the way to the intake maniold before being evaporated is nonsense. So in other words I don't believe these hydrolock claims of sitting in a miniscule amount of water. Can you suck water out of a glass a few inches away from your mouth? Not without a straw you can't. Same concept.
I don't doubt you felt anything; improved throttle response expected.
Plain and simple, you don't have to go through a "river" to hydrolock the car. All it takes is the filter to be wet enough, that air is no sucked. You and anyone else can believe in what you will i.e. non-hydrolocking CAIs, Toothfairy, Easter Bunny, Santa, Big Foot, etc. But, I bet the poor schlump that locks up his car for a measly 3hp is going to be pissed.