S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

block your throttle body coolant

Old 09-27-2005, 04:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm far south and we pretty much see 90+ all year (except two months in the "winter") are there any real negative effects of this mod? sorry if its already been answered.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:08 AM

where can i get some 3/8 ball in socal? i tried osh, home depot, pep boys, autozone. none had them and they had no clue where to find one.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:49 PM

Ace hardware supplies the 3/8 SS balls.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:50 AM

I'm a slow adopter when it comes to fiddling with an automobile that cost me $30K and was built by engineers that know a lot more than I do about things-cars. But after suffering a couple of summers here in Missouri with a 'mushy' throttle response, I tried the ball bearing mod. I'm happy to report that it does indeed work. I'm not concerned about more power, I just wanted the car to move away from a stoplight in the summer as smoothy as it does in the winter. For those S2K owners who don't live in a high-heat, high-humidity area you're probably not going to notice any change. But if you live where your shirt turns wet while you're standing still, and the sweat from your brow drips on your glasses to the point that you can't see, then you'll appreciate what a couple of ball bearings will do for eliminating this long-suffering problem.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:53 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cmdr s,Jun 19 2006, 01:50 PM
I'm a slow adopter when it comes to fiddling with an automobile that cost me $30K and was built by engineers that know a lot more than I do about things-cars. But after suffering a couple of summers here in Missouri with a 'mushy' throttle response, I tried the ball bearing mod. I'm happy to report that it does indeed work. I'm not concerned about more power, I just wanted the car to move away from a stoplight in the summer as smoothy as it does in the winter. For those S2K owners who don't live in a high-heat, high-humidity area you're probably not going to notice any change. But if you live where your shirt turns wet while you're standing still, and the sweat from your brow drips on your glasses to the point that you can't see, then you'll appreciate what a couple of ball bearings will do for eliminating this long-suffering problem.
I think you summed it up perfectly, you are aware we have a club in STL,right?..Pete
Old 06-20-2006, 03:28 AM

Yes, aware of the club in STL. But most members seem to live in the St. Charles area and I'm waaay down south off Tesson Ferry Rd.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:30 PM

I did it this afternoon, chopped the fat ends off a 3/8 drill bit for line plugs, no more stumble with the a/c on and it was hot today. on this mod!
Old 06-20-2006, 05:08 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I took it one step further since this...
When installing the Hondata IMG you take off the IM or practically do...so you can also take off all the hoses and plug everything with nipples and use hose clamps to insure the stay on. I've had this done now for a little while.

Only real benifit is that it reduces the amount of lines near the IM for a cleaner look.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:14 PM

I'm in Dubai now, and temps are all the way up to 42 deg Cel, humidity is through the roof. I'm try this mod out and keep everyone posted on how well this works here once I get my hands on some 3/8" ball bearings at Ace Hardware
Old 08-24-2006, 06:00 AM

Everyone happy with this mod?

Quick Reply: block your throttle body coolant