S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Blacked out headlights

Old 05-01-2002, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blacked out headlights

my headlights have been cleared out for sometime now, and i really like the look. But at school i see an RSX with its lights blacked out, meaning the orange reflector was taken out and all of the chorme underneth it was painted black. i want to do this to, but my concern is that the signal lights wont be bright enough. do you guys think this will look ok and be safe as well?

Mike
Old 05-01-2002, 11:59 PM

I think it might look pretty good. In terms of safety, it'll be fine. I think a the light bulb blinking is sufficient light.
Old 05-02-2002, 05:20 AM

Originally posted by DJHohum
But at school i see an RSX with its lights blacked out, meaning the orange reflector was taken out and all of the chorme underneth it was painted black...
I don't think it was painted black chrome??? I think he just bought the jdm housing. Which is "blacked" out.
Old 05-02-2002, 06:35 AM

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

This is a project that is being done on my car....I already have the "blacked out" reflectors (that let orange light through)...now I'm just waiting on a weekend to actually get them into the headlights.

In fact, if anyone is interested in pics, I believe Greg Stevens has already gotten some of a headlight done this way on his red S2K.
Old 05-02-2002, 08:00 AM

for sure! pics would be great!
Old 05-02-2002, 10:08 AM

Originally posted by DJHohum
my headlights have been cleared out for sometime now, and i really like the look. But at school i see an RSX with its lights blacked out, meaning the orange reflector was taken out and all of the chorme underneth it was painted black. i want to do this to, but my concern is that the signal lights wont be bright enough. do you guys think this will look ok and be safe as well?

Mike
Im pretty sure this guy is just running JDM headlights they have a blacked out look on the RSX
Old 05-02-2002, 11:08 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a picture...we may have put a little too much paint on reflector covers, but a fairly light dusting of black paint shouldn't obscure the light too much. More over, getting a brighter bulb would pretty much eliminate that concern, IMO...

I love the look, I think it looks badass...

BTW, this was a test performed on a spare headlight, so they are not still in my car. We just did it to see how it would look and how much light would come through the painted reflector cover.
Old 05-02-2002, 11:28 AM

That looks clean Greg! it looks like you painted the actuall amber reflector right? im thinking of removing the amber lense and painting the silver reflective part inside. has anyone done that?
Old 05-02-2002, 11:32 AM

i was going to do what greg has done, but i couldn't find the right type of paint to use.

greg, can you tell me what type should i use?
Old 05-02-2002, 12:56 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by hecash
Hey Greg,

Who gets the rental bill for the use of my garage, you or Luder?
Luder.

Quick Reply: Blacked out headlights