S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Billman TCT

Old 11-22-2012, 08:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's booked in for an oil pressure test tomorrow, if that comes back inconclusive then I will try changing the oil filter I think
Old 11-23-2012, 05:41 AM

Oil pressure reaults came back good so I am not going to change the oil filter and see if that does the trick
Old 11-23-2012, 06:16 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What oil grade are you running ??
Old 11-23-2012, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Sylvain2000
What oil grade are you running ??
5w 40 fuchs titan race
Old 11-23-2012, 07:28 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Im no rocket scientist with oil. But i taught the wrong grade could cause strarvation or low pressure on cold start.

I brought this up but cant provide an anwser.

Just trying to help
Old 11-24-2012, 11:52 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Sylvain2000
Im no rocket scientist with oil. But i taught the wrong grade could cause strarvation or low pressure on cold start.

I brought this up but cant provide an anwser.

Just trying to help
5w-40 is fine
Old 11-27-2012, 01:38 AM

SOLVED:

(1,000,000 points for climhazzard for the right answer)

Well just as a bit of closure to the thread and hopefully something that will help somebody else out in the future, the oil filter was changed (as suggested by Honda) and the light hasn't come on since so I think a dodgy oil filter must of been the culprit.

I also just want to clarify that the cause of this/the problem was absolutely nothing to do with Billman's TCT

Thanks guys
Old 11-27-2012, 04:53 AM

Received 1,396 Likes on 837 Posts

Glad to see it sorted out man
Old 11-27-2012, 05:46 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Owen_1987
SOLVED:

Well just as a bit of closure to the thread and hopefully something that will help somebody else out in the future, the oil filter was changed (as suggested by Honda) and the light hasn't come on since so I think a dodgy oil filter must of been the culprit.

I also just want to clarify that the cause of this/the problem was absolutely nothing to do with Billman's TCT

Thanks guys

Good stuff, I'll take the points!! But really, I'm glad you have it figured out, having the oil pressure light come on, even for an extra second, can be quite alarming. It's nice when it's something relatively simple and inexpensive to fix. Out of curiosity, how long/how many miles did you have on that particular filter?

Billman, speaking of which, question for you regarding oil filters. Do you see any problem with running an OEM filter for a year, as long as the mileage is low (less than 3k/year)? I'm trying to figure out if there is some correlation between time in service and this oil pressure issue. My rationale was because even the Honda manual says yearly oil changes are OK under the "Normal" schedule. I realize on a daily driver it's safest to go by the "Severe" schedule, but I was trying to move over to yearly oil changes since I put so few miles on the car each year. What are your thoughts?
Old 11-27-2012, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by climhazzard
Originally Posted by Owen_1987' timestamp='1354012683' post='22173926
SOLVED:

Thanks guys

Good stuff, I'll take the points!! But really, I'm glad you have it figured out, having the oil pressure light come on, even for an extra second, can be quite alarming. It's nice when it's something relatively simple and inexpensive to fix. Out of curiosity, how long/how many miles did you have on that particular filter?

Billman, speaking of which, question for you regarding oil filters. Do you see any problem with running an OEM filter for a year, as long as the mileage is low (less than 3k/year)? I'm trying to figure out if there is some correlation between time in service and this oil pressure issue. My rationale was because even the Honda manual says yearly oil changes are OK under the "Normal" schedule. I realize on a daily driver it's safest to go by the "Severe" schedule, but I was trying to move over to yearly oil changes since I put so few miles on the car each year. What are your thoughts?
Yeh, deffinately avoided a heart attack. I was pretty worried as i'm sure anyone would be in that situation.

If you mean before I did the oil change, it was a yearly service because I only do about 6k miles a year

Quick Reply: Billman TCT