S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Billman replaced my clutch today and NOTICED....

Old 11-05-2012, 07:48 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

i doubt you will find any type of database that stores this kind of information. The only thing that would come close is if the work was done by a Honda Dealership and/or under warranty, in which Honda America and the dealership should have record of it.

the only other option i can think of is to try to track down the previous owners to ask them....but if it came from an auction, might be hard to do.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 91 Likes on 82 Posts

Dealership computer should be able to search all dealer computers
Old 11-05-2012, 10:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Currently have the same problem. But I have to get a new O2 sensor and don't know if my engine is 00-03 or 04-05 :|
My dealership guy said that he can't search for it but knows someone who may be able to help. It's been 2 weeks, no answer yet.
Is there a way to tell the year of the engine using the engine code? (the spark plug cover should have a year written on it once you take it off, that's all I could find and it's not exactly accurate)
Old 11-05-2012, 10:35 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by crisskro
Currently have the same problem. But I have to get a new O2 sensor and don't know if my engine is 00-03 or 04-05 :|
My dealership guy said that he can't search for it but knows someone who may be able to help. It's been 2 weeks, no answer yet.
Is there a way to tell the year of the engine using the engine code? (the spark plug cover should have a year written on it once you take it off, that's all I could find and it's not exactly accurate)
Just look at the engine block. It should either say JHMAP1 or JHMAP2 coz that's how the vin number starts. Can't get easier than that.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:19 AM

Received 1,403 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kcrew
Looking forward to having mine done too. Need to remove the horrible clutch buzz. Did you go with OEM clutch and ACT flywheel. How much did it cost and where did you get it? How long did the work take. I would be driving up from Washington, DC just for this S2000 Guru
He used an oem disc, I would not let anyone use anything else.
The pp was a piece that I was not familiar with, but seemed to be a quality part, pedal feel was great.

Minus all the BSing with my dent guy, BSing with each other, and getting lunch at my "spot" , You will be done in 3 hrs start to finish while you wait.

I have a few lightweight flywheels, used and mint, to choose from if you like. Toda, sos, act, etc..

I will have my guy run that number.

Your flywheel will also be resurfaced in house while you wait. Here's his...

Old 11-06-2012, 04:20 PM

Received 1,470 Likes on 1,086 Posts

I would be freaked out that if the dealer couldn't get the vacuum hoses right, what else did they not get right? I would be freaked out to know that any dealer did any major service work on my car before I got it. I just don't trust dealers, ever.

But at least you had Billman give it a once-over, plus in doing the clutch he would be re-torqueing a lot of the bolts I would be worried the dealer didn't get right in the swap.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Billman250
Originally Posted by s2kcrew' timestamp='1352172318' post='22132024
Looking forward to having mine done too. Need to remove the horrible clutch buzz. Did you go with OEM clutch and ACT flywheel. How much did it cost and where did you get it? How long did the work take. I would be driving up from Washington, DC just for this S2000 Guru
He used an oem disc, I would not let anyone use anything else.
The pp was a piece that I was not familiar with, but seemed to be a quality part, pedal feel was great.

Minus all the BSing with my dent guy, BSing with each other, and getting lunch at my "spot" , You will be done in 3 hrs start to finish while you wait.

I have a few lightweight flywheels, used and mint, to choose from if you like. Toda, sos, act, etc..

I will have my guy run that number.

Your flywheel will also be resurfaced in house while you wait. Here's his...

"While you wait". Now that is impressive. Everyone I've checked with needs me to drop it off overnight. Thanks Billman
Old 11-07-2012, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much does it cost maybe ill make a road trip to you from Florida
Old 11-07-2012, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't dealerships report everything they do to a car to services like carfax? I know when I bought my S the carfax showed that the original owner had oil changes and other tune up services. Certainly they should report if they replaced an engine. Unless the motor was replaced at Joe Schmoe Auto repair or in someones home garage.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like a bunch of nothing to worry about. But ++++1 for Billman's combo of knowledge, skills and observation/attention to detail.

Quick Reply: Billman replaced my clutch today and NOTICED....