S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Big Problem! Help!

Old 04-03-2012, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Problem! Help!

help!! this morning the car is running normal but when i came out of work, drove the car and then smoke start coming out under my steering wheel, front and rear air vents, and behind where the cig lighter is located, I then park, put down the top and check the engine, check all my fuses and they were good, then my stereo and cig lighter die, door light is on when all the door is close, right of the soft top stop working but the left still works, and the lock button on the remote is not working.. anybody have any suggestion? if not then i probably take it to honda, and yeah this have never happened before
Old 04-03-2012, 08:36 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 04-03-2012, 09:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kengthao91
help!! this morning the car is running normal but when i came out of work, drove the car and then smoke start coming out under my steering wheel, front and rear air vents, and behind where the cig lighter is located, I then park, put down the top and check the engine, check all my fuses and they were good, then my stereo and cig lighter die, door light is on when all the door is close, right of the soft top stop working but the left still works, and the lock button on the remote is not working.. anybody have any suggestion? if not then i probably take it to honda, and yeah this have never happened before
O_O......uh hang on. Front and REAR air vents? and behind where the electrical outlet is? clarify what you mean by "right of the soft top stop working but the left still works" I'd say you some how MAJORLY shorted out your car...leave it out in the rain with the top down or something like that?
Old 04-04-2012, 04:11 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Disconnect your battery.
Call a flatbed.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Fujin
Originally Posted by Kengthao91' timestamp='1333512214' post='21573723
O_O......uh hang on. Front and REAR air vents? and behind where the electrical outlet is? clarify what you mean by "right of the soft top stop working but the left still works" I'd say you some how MAJORLY shorted out your car...leave it out in the rain with the top down or something like that?
i mean the right of the soft top is not pulling the top back but the left side will... and no i never left the top down when it rain... so i cannot locate what the problem is, i also did some research about it, but noone had the same problem...
Old 04-04-2012, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Fasting
Disconnect your battery.
Call a flatbed.
yeah i try that already... i unhook the positive and waited for 30 sec, but it still the same.... however my abs and srs light is also on too but i don't think thats the problem
Old 04-04-2012, 12:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think he is referring to disconnecting the battery so that if there is an electrical short of some kind, your car won't go up in flames/the short won't cause more damage than it already has. Has anything electronic been installed recently? It is rare for our wiring to spontaneously go bad without some outside help, our cars aren't quite old enough for the stock insulation to be rotting away, so there's a good possibility that there is a mechanical cause to this. If you don't have someone local to take a look at it for you, bring it to a shop. (on a tow truck of course)
Old 04-04-2012, 02:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kengthao91
Originally Posted by Fasting' timestamp='1333541491' post='21574288
Disconnect your battery.
Call a flatbed.
yeah i try that already... i unhook the positive and waited for 30 sec, but it still the same.... however my abs and srs light is also on too but i don't think thats the problem
With any electrical problem or repair, you should always disconnect the negative battery cable.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by W0Pdego
I think he is referring to disconnecting the battery so that if there is an electrical short of some kind, your car won't go up in flames/the short won't cause more damage than it already has. Has anything electronic been installed recently? It is rare for our wiring to spontaneously go bad without some outside help, our cars aren't quite old enough for the stock insulation to be rotting away, so there's a good possibility that there is a mechanical cause to this. If you don't have someone local to take a look at it for you, bring it to a shop. (on a tow truck of course)
The only thing electronic stuff i install is the Kenwood Stereo and new speakers... but i don't think thats the problem... but the ACC Socket fuse keep blowing so i replaced it a few time, and the last time i replace it i put a 30a in it since i didn't have anymore 10a...
Old 04-04-2012, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by nissanfanatic
Originally Posted by Kengthao91' timestamp='1333570672' post='21576255
[quote name='Fasting' timestamp='1333541491' post='21574288']
Disconnect your battery.
Call a flatbed.
With any electrical problem or repair, you should always disconnect the negative battery cable.
[/quote]

ok thanks i will try that

Quick Reply: Big Problem! Help!