S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Between a rock and a hard place...

Old 12-30-2001, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Between a rock and a hard place...

I am more than positive that there are many of you out there who have been contemplating the pros and cons of going turbo or naturally aspirated on your S2K. I am no exception. I have done quite a bit of research so far but where I am getting stuck on is horsepower/performance comparo of the two setups. I would like to hear from both sides of the coin on this. Who has dyno resluts for a well moded naturally aspirated S2K, and a Turbo S2k, and what are some of the maintenaince problems that you might have run into. Of course I realize right off the bat that Turbo will probably yield more horsepower, but I don't mind sacrificing a half a second or so of performance if I can go NA. Your thoughts please...
Old 12-31-2001, 12:38 AM

Originally posted by baxdatass
I am more than positive that there are many of you out there who have been contemplating the pros and cons of going turbo or naturally aspirated on your S2K. I am no exception. I have done quite a bit of research so far but where I am getting stuck on is horsepower/performance comparo of the two setups. I would like to hear from both sides of the coin on this. Who has dyno resluts for a well moded naturally aspirated S2K, and a Turbo S2k, and what are some of the maintenaince problems that you might have run into. Of course I realize right off the bat that Turbo will probably yield more horsepower, but I don't mind sacrificing a half a second or so of performance if I can go NA. Your thoughts please...
go with the SC, the turbo does not pass smog and you might run into problems later on.
Old 12-31-2001, 11:06 AM

Do a search, this information is readily available on this site - so I will not respond.
Old 12-31-2001, 12:49 PM

Originally posted by Wesmaster
Do a search, this information is readily available on this site - so I will not respond.
I will do that.
Old 12-31-2001, 05:55 PM

I'd stay stock...
Old 12-31-2001, 06:06 PM

Originally posted by s2ktaxi
I'd stay stock...
stock is fun, but you want a little bit more edge when you race
Old 12-31-2001, 11:31 PM

Originally posted by bayarea408

he has a NSX, when he wants to go race track, he will take NSX..!!
S2000 is an auto-x car for him..
Old 01-01-2002, 06:15 AM

Originally posted by bayarea408

It is more satisfactory to have the edge come from the driver...

For example, I do my track event in street tires and keep up with the R tired M3's when in my NSX. At the autocrosses, I try to do the same with the S2000.
Old 01-01-2002, 03:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the biggest problem with the NA/FI comparison is nobody has a "great" NA set-up yet. Nobody is posting a legit 25+ HP gain with NA mods. Until we get 40+ HP NA benefit then there is no comparison, IMO, FI (and/or NOS) is the ONLY bang available.
Old 01-02-2002, 09:09 PM

There is no comparison.....the S/C unleashes the beast u all know is in there. What's cool is that it doesn't change the character of the powerband/torque curve, it just gives it more to the point that u have sufficient,almost gobs of no excuses power to
exploit the chassis. Still, i would definitely love to see a roots or screw type supercharger that creates "large displacement" power early in the power band.......but then it probably would't make the top end rush ...... or would it???!!!

Quick Reply: Between a rock and a hard place...