S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

The Best Exhaust For S2000 !!!

Old 09-30-2001, 01:44 PM
TUR8IOK3N-S2200

Wassup stoook owners, just in I had the MUGEN dual exhaust on my s22k and replaced it this february with a TANABE (first and only s2k with a real JAP-SPEC TANABE) No doubt the MUGEN is astounishing for any all around pure motor power i agree with the SPOON also. One of the OPTION video's R&D dyno upgrade specials they feature 10 badass cars of course other than the skyline, lancer and porsche they had an S2000 which had a handful of modifications one being a header and exhaust change of 4 setups>>>>> MUGEN exhaust and both S1&S2 headers>>>HKS exhaust and header>>>FUJITSUBO exhaust and header>>>TANABE exhaust and prototype header>>>SPOON exhaust and 3 style headers. Well for starters they all had similar horsepower increases of 5-20 depending on the style of header affecting the power pull of the exhaust. MUGEN had the best increase with the S1 header and exhaust of 18+ , a very smooth powerband with the S2 only 15+. HKS had the lowest of 6+ but with header 17+. SPOON had the lightest setup but is dictated between 3 types of its headers with exhaust only increased up 10+and w/ header 1 14+, w/header 2 17+, w/header 3 20+ ??? (WOW!!!) don't ask me i'll explain later. FUJITSUBO had an increase of 16+ both w/header and exhaust but while waiting for TANABE to bring its header the jap guys fooled around, and decided to slap the TANABE exhaust mated to the FUJITSUBO header with an increase of 19+ (to there surprise they decided to combine w/others) MUGEN w/FUJITSUBO header 16+. SPOON w/FUJITSUBO header 18+. Then they finally put TANABE and its late prototype header (looks similar to the DC SPORTS with an HKS bottom look) to the test and amazingly enough it hit 22+!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2001, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2Krazy
[B]Well, I am most likely getting the SuperSprint Exhaust.
Old 09-30-2001, 02:47 PM

hey TUR8IOK3N-S2200, are you the person who got the prototype tanabe from signal auto? they told me about your car, anyways it seems like the only way to get an exhaust with a JASMA badge, which looks better than the TANABE USA one
Old 09-30-2001, 02:47 PM

Originally posted by mingster

sorry, i've seen stock S2000s dyno from 194HPs to 207HPs, STOCK, so we really need a baseline before any manufacturer can make any kind of claims. another reason why i go through a set of exhaust every so often so i can test the effectiveness of each system on just one car.

for example, if i wanted make some wild claims, it's so easy: my car dynoed 195 bone stock, Socal28's car dynoed something like 205 bone stock, it's 10HPs right there, and if i took my stock numbers, added a bunch of parts to Socal28's car, then dynoed it, i can say "wow! we gained XXX amount of power over stock!" LOL, it doesn't work that way.

try and see which other vendors here spend thousands of dollars on dyno time so you don't have to
I agree... I guess another owner that is going to get a Supersprint will have to do it right then.

And it looks like it may be S2Krazy
Old 09-30-2001, 03:36 PM

here's a pic of the dual amuse exhaust

Old 09-30-2001, 05:46 PM
jzr

Originally posted by bshigeta
here's a pic of the dual amuse exhaust

Oh man! Can anybody translate that? Is that on the web anywhere bshigeta, or out of a magazine?

Looks like I need to call Giampiero and see what he knows about it...

Thanks for the info...
Old 09-30-2001, 07:04 PM

Here's a question...can you just buy the amuse mufflers??? If so...how much do they go for...and where can I find it?

I have been looking...and I have decided to go with just the mufflers...and keeping the stock piping for now...there are too many things that I wanna do to my baby...and just not enough money for the entire exhaust right now...thnx in advance...
Old 10-01-2001, 05:36 AM

Ohhhhh MY god!!!!!!
Waooohhh the dual amuse exhaust i too cool!!!!!Very batiful.
I Know Giampiero Maietti and talk with giampiero with Phone is Italian
I decide I want the dual Amuse Exhaust but where i can find???Giampiero dont Know where find it.
If one ceck the site or when is possible to order tell me!
Sorry my english is very BAD
Old 10-01-2001, 05:38 AM

In this site ships the amuse but is impossible to understand something http://www.awa.or.jp/home/birth/tuning.html
Old 10-01-2001, 06:17 AM

Wow! Dual, full titanium exhaust! The single costs over 2k; hope it doesn't cost twice as much for the dual
Ï

Quick Reply: The Best Exhaust For S2000 !!!