S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

A bad day gone worse

Old 11-30-2008, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A bad day gone worse

So i wake up this morning, pop my trunk to throw on my airbox cover on (i took it off the night before) and when bent over the car to click the latches, something shuffled in my engine. I looked up to find this..

... anyway i scared it off, i believe it left. it nested a bit, and i tried to clear up the leaves and crap but it still looked dirty- not to mention the sprinklers went off because i parked to close and it messed up my recently detailed car. So my day started off bad, and i kind of inspected all that i could, but without a before and after picture i minds well be doing rocket science. I was also late for work, so i caught s*** for that too.
The car however, performance wise, was perfectly normal.

So after my lunch shift, i dropped my friend off, and on the way back i noticed that the car was not as peppy as it usually is, but i just assessed that since i had a bad hangover, i was imagining it. I went back to work, and that was the end of that.
After work i get in my car, and now its worse.. the best way i can describe it is that its kind of like the clutch point but for the gas pedal when the car really starts going? anyway, when the pedal gets pressed to that point it doesn't accelerate more, but acts like if i was pressing down the gas in neutral.. i made it home fine because i can drive without pressing it down hard but driving slow for me is .. im not sure what to do.. im going to take it to a shop tomorrow and have my uncle look at it, but im not exactly sure he knows what hes doing.. i dont exactly have alot of money, i work full time to pay for school at the moment.. any ideas on what this could be?
any help would be much appreciated..

-Tanzer
Old 11-30-2008, 09:57 PM

check to see if the mouse chewed up any wires. I found a rabbit in my engine bay once. he chewed through my extra injector wire for my Vortech SC and the car was acting a bit crazy, connected the wires and all was fine.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:02 PM

best way to check if he did im guessing is to take it to the dealership? i wouldnt know
Old 11-30-2008, 11:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you tried putting the rabbit back in the car?
Old 12-01-2008, 05:50 AM

LOL
Old 12-01-2008, 06:22 AM

"anyway, when the pedal gets pressed to that point it doesn't accelerate more, but acts like if i was pressing down the gas in neutral.. "

I know that there is no way a mouse could cook-up your clutch... but that sounds like your clutch is ready to be replaced. Perhaps you need to do a re-wording of that sentance
Old 12-01-2008, 06:33 AM

a tell tale signs that your clutch is slipping is if you cruse at a constant rpm , yet your speed changes.

My first thought was the (mouse?) chewed through your clutch delay wires, but it says you have an 00

I'de go aftermarket, our clutch is too loose anyways. I got a comptech stage 2, takes a bit to get used to, and its chattery at engagement , but well worth it.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:26 PM

clutch delay wires?????
Old 12-01-2008, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by RedY2KS2k,Dec 1 2008, 04:26 PM
clutch delay wires?????
Eh the 04+ have some kind of clutch delay system that doesnt let them drop the clutch right away i assume there are some electrical connections to it, ( i have an AP1)
Old 12-01-2008, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by armthehomeless,Dec 1 2008, 09:06 PM
Eh the 04+ have some kind of clutch delay system that doesnt let them drop the clutch right away i assume there are some electrical connections to it, ( i have an AP1)
I know about the clutch delay valve in the '04+. There are no electrical connections or wires involved. You know what they say about "assume"

Quick Reply: A bad day gone worse