S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

AUT Cooling Plate

Old 04-24-2008, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont think its possible to hydrolock with the snorkle cause the snorkle almost goes vertical and youll have to be going pretty fast for the water to go up at that angle, you shouldnt even be driving fast in the rain anyways It might get the airbox a little dirtier but I wouldnt worry about it, just check it daily. I remember somebody made a mesh grill and put it at the end of the snorkle so all the big stuff like leaves or bugs or rocks or whatever might get through the snorkle will not get through to the air box.

If you like CF they also have a cf radiator plate that already has the hole predrilled for the snorkle, so you take out the oem plate, and put it the cf radiator plate and cf snorkle.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by qbmurderer13,Apr 24 2008, 09:31 PM
I dont think its possible to hydrolock with the snorkle cause the snorkle almost goes vertical and youll have to be going pretty fast for the water to go up at that angle, you shouldnt even be driving fast in the rain anyways It might get the airbox a little dirtier but I wouldnt worry about it, just check it daily. I remember somebody made a mesh grill and put it at the end of the snorkle so all the big stuff like leaves or bugs or rocks or whatever might get through the snorkle will not get through to the air box.

If you like CF they also have a cf radiator plate that already has the hole predrilled for the snorkle, so you take out the oem plate, and put it the cf radiator plate and cf snorkle.
Ok sweet. If i'm gonna get one I'm definately going to cf, hehe. Does the snorkel install require cutting of the hood in any way? And also would it fit with an after market cf hood like the seibon ones?

The mesh inside the snorkel sounds like a good idea. The cooling plate would be later on down the road (when I have some more money saved up )
Old 04-24-2008, 09:58 PM

no cutting of the hood is required, it should fit with any aftermarket hood as well. just in case you don't know the cf hoods weigh about 3lbs less than the oem one. its so hard to improve on the s2k lol
Old 04-24-2008, 10:02 PM

Yea so I've heard... This is one expensive car to modify, lol.

If I buy a cf hood its gonna be mostly for looks. Less weight would be an added bonus but it doesn't make much difference to me. The one I like the best is the Seibon VSII hood. Only thing is, do people have issues with water since a lot of the cf hoods have vents in them?
Old 04-24-2008, 10:54 PM

get the snorkel it def rams more air up there . jus make sure to check the airbox regularly to clean it out and check the filter more often cause more road debris gets up there i got mine in without having to cut anything.

edit: btw u u wont hydrolock , unless u decide to drive 100mph into a river, i drive in heavy rain all the time and no problems.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

its some good bling bling for your engine bay
Old 04-25-2008, 01:27 AM

could you post a link on what you did to modify your airbox please?? (cutting baffles etc?)
Old 04-25-2008, 06:20 AM

Heres one of the many links to one of the airbox mod threads. https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...0&#entry1552531

I did it a little different on one part just because of personal opinion. I didn't completely take out the L shaped tube because of the fact that it channels air directly to the filter. Instead I cut out the bottom of it so that air can still circulate throughout the entire airbox, but also has somewhat of a guide to the filter.

But I did the rest of it the same. Cut out the baffles and left about 3/4 of an inch left in the bottom. Then used some of the scrap plastic to seal off the resonator hole.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

no offense to anyone but i think i heard someone say on here before that gutting the airbox doesnt really yeild any gains, it just sounds louder. but i really dont know >.<
Old 04-25-2008, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by shotiable,Apr 25 2008, 12:47 PM
no offense to anyone but i think i heard someone say on here before that gutting the airbox doesnt really yeild any gains, it just sounds louder. but i really dont know >.<
No your right, all it does is make it louder. But when adding the snorkle its recommended that you gut it, because the snorkle goes directly into the chamber on the left, and if that plastic piece is there its blocking most of the air the snorkle is getting.

Quick Reply: AUT Cooling Plate