S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

AP2 won't start, desperately in need of HELP (located in Bay Area)

Old 07-01-2016, 06:18 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by windhund116
I Googled CEL P2184 = faulty coolant temp sensor. You check the all the wiring?

http://upkeep.us/OBDII/OBD2/Honda/piart.php?art=1674
The sensor I checked is the one in the bottom of the radiator for this code. Not 100% sure if this is the correct ECT sensor. I probed the plug and am getting signal
Old 07-01-2016, 08:17 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Did you check for fuel? Time to check pressure as stated in a previous post
Old 07-01-2016, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by boyguan
Did you check for fuel? Time to check pressure as stated in a previous post
How do I do the simple fuel pressure test for AP2? Tried searching for a DIY but couldn't find one. Unsure about what to unbolt/unplug

Heres a pic of my fuel rail:

Old 07-01-2016, 10:46 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Swap back to the OEM map sensor and retest since that's easy to rule it out. Are all of your electronics (sensors) OEM or did you swap something else out to install the Hondata? Look into the cam position sensors in the valve cover as well as the crank position sensor on the front of the engine.

Just realized its flashpro and not Kpro. Did you ever return your tune back to stock or is it still on the basemap provided?
Old 07-01-2016, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by dagle
Swap back to the OEM map sensor and retest since that's easy to rule it out. Are all of your electronics (sensors) OEM or did you swap something else out to install the Hondata? Look into the cam position sensors in the valve cover as well as the crank position sensor on the front of the engine.

Just realized its flashpro and not Kpro. Did you ever return your tune back to stock or is it still on the basemap provided?
Yeah I returned it to stock multiple times and no luck. All uploads were succeeded according to Hondata software. OEM map sensor is still having same issues. Nothing was swapped out for the preparation of Hondata flashing/tuning.

Old 07-02-2016, 12:03 AM

Thanks for the replies everyone. I really do appreciate all your guys help
Old 07-02-2016, 03:38 AM

Received 1,467 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Since it will start briefly with starting fluid, your issue is clearly fuel. How do you know the gas you got is good?

It's either bad gas, or no gas.

If you press the pin in the fuel rail Schrader valve (valve that looks like a tire valve), does fuel spurt out? (Protect your eyes!)

Sent from my SM-G920P using IB AutoGroup
Old 07-02-2016, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Car Analogy
Since it will start briefly with starting fluid, your issue is clearly fuel. How do you know the gas you got is good?

It's either bad gas, or no gas.

If you press the pin in the fuel rail Schrader valve (valve that looks like a tire valve), does fuel spurt out? (Protect your eyes!)

Sent from my SM-G920P using IB AutoGroup
I'm not seeing any valve that looks like the tire valve, did you see the above pic of my fuel rail? Can you point it out to me?
Old 07-03-2016, 01:17 AM

I disconnected the fuel line from the rail and fuel spurted out. Does this mean I'm getting fuel or is there something else preventing the fuel from getting to the engine?
Old 07-03-2016, 02:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You said you're not getting the green key light? That would probably mean something is wrong with the immobilizer perhaps?

My 350z had a faulty immobilizer where it would crank and crank but would not start. I imagine without it being a common problem that I knew about it would have been a rather expensive fix trying to search for fuel and spark. Might consider taking it to the dealership to troubleshoot from that aspect and reset the ecu.

Quick Reply: AP2 won't start, desperately in need of HELP (located in Bay Area)