S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

AP2 SRS fix for aftermarket wheel

Old 10-07-2013, 11:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AP2 SRS fix for aftermarket wheel

Have been searching all over with little success regarding AP2 SRS light fixes so it would be nice if this post could become the definitive source for that.

Here are the details.

I installed a NRG short hub & quick release in my AP2

I purchased (2) 2.2ohm resistors. I found that unlike my old AP1 which had a 2 pin SRS connector, the AP2 has a 4 pin. On side has Blue striped wires, the other solid blue wires.

I installed the resistors side by side, turned the key to the on position and boom. Lights on. Put everything back together and test drove. VSA lights come on somewhere between 20-30mph.

There are loads of resources out there for AP1 installs.

I can help by adding photos as well.

My other task is figuring out the wiring on the horn.

Any input would be appreciated. I can compile it all together to build the how-to.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for attempting im installing my steering wheel tomorrow and need horn setup and srs to go away
Old 10-07-2013, 12:53 PM

so even with the resistors the vsa light comes on?
Old 10-07-2013, 01:22 PM

Since I got the srs light I pulled the resistors til someone could properly explain how the resistors should be placed. Once I get that and can fix mine I will do a how to with images and diagrams
Old 10-07-2013, 05:10 PM

Been doing some reading and Iit looks like the nrg hub doesnt have a third notch needed to keep the vsa light off. The ap1 and early ap2 oem wheels have 2 notches. The 06+ has three the nrg hub has two missing one for the vsa so it triggers. Looks like works bell hub has 3so that may be only option to retain vsa. Third notch has something to do with steering angle position.

Nrg short hub 2 notches

Old 10-08-2013, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Suzuka_BlueS2K
Been doing some reading and Iit looks like the nrg hub doesnt have a third notch needed to keep the vsa light off. The ap1 and early ap2 oem wheels have 2 notches. The 06+ has three the nrg hub has two missing one for the vsa so it triggers. Looks like works bell hub has 3so that may be only option to retain vsa. Third notch has something to do with steering angle position. Nrg short hub 2 notches
I noticed that my steering wheel was off center about 2 notches. Removing and reinstalling so that the steering wheel angle matched the steering angle sensor fixed the VSA problem. I had no VSA lights today. As for the SRS light and horn I am still working on that.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:52 AM

Ok ill try using my hub and see what happens. But I do know for certain works bell has two srs plugs needed for 06 up srs fix. Where as ap1 only needs one. Not sure on technical.aspects. the horn should be straight forward. Ill report back later
Old 10-08-2013, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Suzuka_BlueS2K
Ok ill try using my hub and see what happens. But I do know for certain works bell has two srs plugs needed for 06 up srs fix. Where as ap1 only needs one. Not sure on technical.aspects. the horn should be straight forward. Ill report back later
My issue with the horn is making a contact lead that touches the back of the hub and making sure everything is grounded properly. Finding the right wire was also a pain, but I think I got that.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:06 PM

To clarify the 06 + does only have 2 notches like older ap2 and ap1 models not sure why someone said that. Any way I did order the new nrg hub and it has two notches as well. Anyway the new hub allows the use of the srs reel which in turn makes install plug and play. Also comes with srs fix inside. Everything was straight forward and and super easy. No cutting wires or splicing.

Only complaint is my steering wheel sits about half inch closer to me. Not sure if updated hub is larger than original nrg short hub but its very irritating as I now have to take my hand off the wheel to put turn signal on boooooo.

Name:  IMG_20131015_172654_zpsd89829d1.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  226.5 KB
Old 10-21-2013, 04:08 PM

Cool. I had to order some parts so I will post up when they come in.

Quick Reply: AP2 SRS fix for aftermarket wheel