S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Ap2 06+ Injector Issue? Input Needed...Billman?

Old 08-20-2012, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ap2 06+ Injector Issue? Input Needed...Billman?

hello guys. Some info:

Mod on car: flashpro tuned for test pipe and injen cai. (Been tuned for over a year)

about a month or so ago, I notice a strange issue with the car. It would suddenly died on me when I'm coming to a stop. It would drop down and most of the time will recover and RPM will go back to 1k but it has stalled on me a few times. Each time I was able to restart it with no issue. It hasn't stalled on me for awhile. In the morning, cold start, I notice that after it does the warm up, the engine seem to vibrate a little bit. It would go away after 10 minutes. Driving wise I don't notice anything wrong. I do notice that my MPG has gone from 28-29 down to 22 on the freeway.

At first I thought it was an worn out O2 sensor seeing it has 80k on the car. I sent a few logs to turner and he suggest the same thing. So I replaced it with a new one. It didn't resolve the issue.

Tuner state that its running rich so now it might be an exhaust leak. So I checked and no exhaust leak.

I also have a slight flickering on the gauge so I order the rectifier for the alternator. I haven't had a chance to install it yet. Do you think that the alternator can cause the car to stall?

then over the weekend, I research on injector. Can injector cause these symptom? if that is the case, how can I troubleshoot it? do I put in fuel injector cleaner? replace?

Can it be pcv valve? I haven't replaced it yet and will replace it just in case.

Anyways, what do you guys think. Thanks.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IAC maybe? Have you checked all of your hoses in the engine bay to make sure something hasn't come loose or got a hole in it? How about your air filter, is it clean?
Old 08-21-2012, 08:01 AM

i need to replace the air filter but haven't had a chance. I don't think a dirty air filter can cause the car to go rich or make the car stall or have a bad idle? maybe I'm wrong.

i'll re-check the hoses.

thanks for the reply and input
Old 08-21-2012, 10:24 PM

checked the hoses under the hood and all is good. I don't see any wear or leakage.

Will have time to replace the alternator part this thursday.

anyway to test the injector beside taking it out?

should I try injector cleaner? if so what do you guys recommend?
Old 08-27-2012, 09:20 PM

bump for any information?

did the alternator and will test tomorrow to see if issue still occur but would like to know about the injector stuff? anyone has input on that?
Old 08-27-2012, 09:29 PM

what fuel injector cleaner do you guys recommend? i guess it wouldn't hurt to try some out?
Old 08-27-2012, 09:48 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Try either redline fuel system cleaner or BG44k
Old 08-28-2012, 08:08 AM

i'll give the bg44k fuel injector cleaner a try...is ordering online the only way or does any of the local store like kragen, napa, etc... carry it?
Old 08-28-2012, 01:26 PM

found some. Pretty much all the dealership carries them. Online its around 22-24 and at the dealership its 28 so its not too bad. Picked some up.

Read the back of it and it mention one can treats 20 gallon of fuel. Do I put 3/4 in there with a full tank of gas?

what do you guys think?

and the alternator rectifier did cure my flickering gauge as I didn't see it today however will pay attention to it. My wasn't that bad as it would come and go and doesn't happen all the time.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:10 PM

anyone on about the bg44k question?

Quick Reply: Ap2 06+ Injector Issue? Input Needed...Billman?