S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

AP1 swap into BMW 2002.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:37 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by heist
I'm a little confused on the stock fuel rail regulator. Considering the new external fuel pump should I also place a pressure regulator in the line or will the stock one in the fuel rail suffice?
The stock regulator should be just fine. Remember the fuel system has both a delivery and return on the fuel rail.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread has me in susoense I can't wait much longer to see some good pics and videos! Damn, that BMW looks SICK! Love that body style
Old 06-15-2012, 05:55 PM

Stratocaster- Thank you very very much! All of that was really helpful and bridging the hoses sounds like a brilliant idea.

Made a block off plate for $2 the other day.

Also got my banjo fuel fitting and connected it up.

I'm still waiting for my buddy to get the ECM, but starting to think its not coming so if anyone has a source to get one please let me know! I was aiming to pay under 1k for it.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:51 AM

Love swaps like this ..goin be a mean little car ...
Old 06-18-2012, 11:06 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

heist: do you have any idea - or goal - about the power-to-weight ratio of your build?

Are you going to use the S2k gearbox and diff?
And what about suspension?
Airo?
I mean, whit a lot of power in a light car you need to be able to put it on the road.. right?

Have you thought about preventing oil starvation?
Dry sump?

Its clear you need Honda parts to improve any BMW...

Old 06-19-2012, 04:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A chap in Aus has an AEM on the market

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/925...rmarket-parts/
Old 06-20-2012, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by SpitfireS
heist: do you have any idea - or goal - about the power-to-weight ratio of your build?

Are you going to use the S2k gearbox and diff?
And what about suspension?
Airo?
I mean, whit a lot of power in a light car you need to be able to put it on the road.. right?

Have you thought about preventing oil starvation?
Dry sump?

Its clear you need Honda parts to improve any BMW...

No goal or idea, but I can't wait to find out haha. Should be pretty amazing. Currently sticking with the stock 2002 diff matched to the s2k trans. I have full coils on it currently. Dry sump is a little too costly and not needed for this build in my opinion.

and chris_barry thanks! Does the series 1 have any disadvantages in comparison to the series 2?

some photos of the car:

Rear coils I added along with BBK

Front coils with BBK also

Every bushing and almost every bolt has been replaced on the suspension, along with aftermarket sways etc.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:23 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

The series 2 is a newer platform and as such it costs more. The series 1 came in three models for the S2000 3012, 3052 and 3052U. The series 1 would be fine for your configuration and cost less. There was one FS on the board a few days ago for 750 US.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The series 2 gets you some better knock control and can drive the water temp on the dash. They dropped the internal wideband so you need an external unit.

Series 1 had automapping which I find works really well with the right parameters. It also has a automap log table so you can quickly build a view of what your mixtures look like and adjust restrospectively. Internal wideband lamda is included on the models with the U suffix. ( 3052U)

Series 2 has quick mapping which requires constant keyboard input. There are utilities that are like keyboard monkeys to hit the quick map key for you at regular intervals. The quick mapping is pretty smart as it uses the O2 closed loop feedback value to update the fuel values.

Series 2 has some other enhancements to variable cam stuff etc which isn't used on a F20C anyway.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by chris_barry
The series 2 gets you some better knock control and can drive the water temp on the dash. They dropped the internal wideband so you need an external unit.

Series 1 had automapping which I find works really well with the right parameters. It also has a automap log table so you can quickly build a view of what your mixtures look like and adjust restrospectively. Internal wideband lamda is included on the models with the U suffix. ( 3052U)

Series 2 has quick mapping which requires constant keyboard input. There are utilities that are like keyboard monkeys to hit the quick map key for you at regular intervals. The quick mapping is pretty smart as it uses the O2 closed loop feedback value to update the fuel values.

Series 2 has some other enhancements to variable cam stuff etc which isn't used on a F20C anyway.
OK perfect. Thanks. If I don't get a response soon on the one from my buddy I'm going to send some offers on the series 1 ecus. Couple more pictures of the car since I took a few more photos
drove her around for a little and snapped a couple more photos.

Quick Reply: AP1 swap into BMW 2002.