S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

AP1 swap into BMW 2002.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chris_barry
I can't see in the pics but do you have the main PCM relay?

Also, are you trying to start on the factory ECU? Is it a JDM one or US market one?

The JDM one uses a different fuel pump relay wire to the US market one. Something to watch if you are mixing and matching parts. From memory its something like A15 and A16 so you can just move the pin on the plug across.

Don't be surprised if the injectors have frozen with dried fuel residue. I find a quick tickle with battery voltage gets them clicking again once you have fuel pressure wetting them from behind.
Not sure on the PCM relay I will have to read and see. I'm going to be using the AEM series 2 ECM.

Made some progress yesterday got a lot of the wires marked and figured out.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:26 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

This is going to be a great ride!
Old 06-13-2012, 09:16 AM

Just been slowly chugging along. I'm just about done with the fuel pump wiring/relay. Waiting for my starter and a couple fuses in the mail. I'm a little confused on the stock fuel rail regulator. Considering the new external fuel pump should I also place a pressure regulator in the line or will the stock one in the fuel rail suffice?

Old 06-13-2012, 02:09 PM

I'm in to see how this turns out....it looks like it will be rad as hell!!

Mike
Old 06-14-2012, 06:53 AM

Old 06-14-2012, 07:33 AM

In. Great job already, excited to see the outcome.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:52 AM

subscribed. AWESOME build I've always wanted to build a 2002
Old 06-14-2012, 10:36 AM

this is going to be a sweet build
Old 06-14-2012, 01:52 PM

I had a 2002 for my first car and man I wish mine had a S2000 engine in it...
Old 06-15-2012, 08:31 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by heist
1.) First questions is the bypass hose is just needed for smog correct? This has no effect on cooling circulation in the block right? I want to remove it if its not hindering anything. Also from the diagrams I have looked at the other tube coming out of the thermostat (not radiator hose the one without a hose) is the heater hose. I'm not going to be running AC or heater so I can plug that up?

This is the oil cooler/heater line. It can be removed, as can the oil cooler under the filter. IMHO, it is a bigger PIA to remove them to just leave in place. It heats the oil to proper temp when cold, and help cool it when hot.

You are right on the other (The one circled), it is a heater hose. For that one, I just connected a short hose between that pump housing and the return (the lowest hose in the picture below)

2.) On the back I have three hoses in question. First is the one on the rear of the intake, which would be the vacuum for the brake booster so I can plug that for the time being. Below that I'm not sure what significance that hose has can it be plugged? the bottom one is another heater hose so I can plug that sucker too?
Correct on all points. But again, I opted to bridge the heater line instead of plugin them both. Might was well allow the fluid to pass through the passages as designed was my opinion. You can also remove the part connected to the middle hose and install a block off plate. This was for emissions that you no longer have.

now for some wiring fun. This is what I was able to snag with the engine. Its the ECM with 2 out of the 3 connectors. My question is whats the third? Also the blue one... no clue what thats for yet. I'm still trying to find good wiring schematics, however I just started my search so if anyone can send me some good information regarding the ECM and what I need to get this started that be great.

Thanks for any help and I will be posting quite frequently as my progress continues.
The third connector connect to the dash harness. The one that is hanging connects to the dash harness as well.

Quick Reply: AP1 swap into BMW 2002.