S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

AP1 Rough idle, Help, engine problem ! [HELP] please

Old 11-08-2012, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

coil packs?
Old 11-13-2012, 10:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boyguan
Check grounds near battery and engine ground

Could also be ecu ground
yea i double checked the ground i check the ones next to the ECU, the Two up front on each side next to the headlight inside the engine bay.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Adionik
Swap coils with someone. My ran like shit and sounded like a suby when the coils went out.
yeah i've come to this conclusion... however i dont have anyone in Bellinham, WA to help ME!@! i'm considering just going to honda stealership and give up,, =\ did you have any videos or clips of yours when you had your problem, or maybe you could check out the youtube link above and see if that was similar to yours.
thanks!
Old 11-13-2012, 10:23 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by MugenJJ18
Originally Posted by starchland' timestamp='1351723908' post='22121662
always double check for gap, even when they are pregapped, how easy is it for a plug to be dropped on the floor during shipping? Did the issue start shortly after the new plugs? I would have someone you trust 100% double check everything. Double check spark plug torque. Sounds like a misfire which usually throws a code...what cel did you have?
Thanks for the reply, The problems happended before i changed the spark plugs, No changes after i changed them, however before i changed them, my First symptoms were once every few months I.E: the car would "tug" (like a split second barely noticeable, then when i clutch in the engines dies) and after i let it die, start it back up and it'll be fine for another few months, after that it happended maybe once a month, then maybe once a week, after that idle changed and it soundes exactly like the video( which is actually my car).
as for the Code, its P0141 Oxygen O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank1, Sensor2), From my Test pipe underneath, no other codes found =\
You might want to double check this. This could be your primary sensor (the one closest to the engine)

Also just order a extended bung off Ebay, they are less then $10. Some are shorter then others so you may have to stack two together for it to fool the cel. But you need to work on this first. Once you do the TP cel fix and you have also positively determine your primary 02 sensor is good to go, then you will want to get at least one known good coil pack, and wile the engine is running and misfiring, pull each coil pack one by one until you find the cylinder that makes no change in how it runs, and that is the cylinder with the issue. Replace that particular coil and see if it runs properly. If not, and its not the plug or coil clip connection, then you may have an engine related issue. Comp and leak down test would be next. If you have Honda do all I described it will cost you some bills. You can do all these things up to the comp/leak down yourself. You could even do this if you had the proper gauge/fitting and air compressor. Good luck
Old 11-13-2012, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by LAp1
coil packs?
yeah i dont have anyone to swap with ;\ do these symptoms sound like coil packs to you?
Old 11-14-2012, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Originally Posted by MugenJJ18' timestamp='1351724359' post='22121678
[quote name='starchland' timestamp='1351723908' post='22121662']
always double check for gap, even when they are pregapped, how easy is it for a plug to be dropped on the floor during shipping? Did the issue start shortly after the new plugs? I would have someone you trust 100% double check everything. Double check spark plug torque. Sounds like a misfire which usually throws a code...what cel did you have?
Thanks for the reply, The problems happended before i changed the spark plugs, No changes after i changed them, however before i changed them, my First symptoms were once every few months I.E: the car would "tug" (like a split second barely noticeable, then when i clutch in the engines dies) and after i let it die, start it back up and it'll be fine for another few months, after that it happended maybe once a month, then maybe once a week, after that idle changed and it soundes exactly like the video( which is actually my car).
as for the Code, its P0141 Oxygen O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank1, Sensor2), From my Test pipe underneath, no other codes found =\
You might want to double check this. This could be your primary sensor (the one closest to the engine)

Also just order a extended bung off Ebay, they are less then $10. Some are shorter then others so you may have to stack two together for it to fool the cel. But you need to work on this first. Once you do the TP cel fix and you have also positively determine your primary 02 sensor is good to go, then you will want to get at least one known good coil pack, and wile the engine is running and misfiring, pull each coil pack one by one until you find the cylinder that makes no change in how it runs, and that is the cylinder with the issue. Replace that particular coil and see if it runs properly. If not, and its not the plug or coil clip connection, then you may have an engine related issue. Comp and leak down test would be next. If you have Honda do all I described it will cost you some bills. You can do all these things up to the comp/leak down yourself. You could even do this if you had the proper gauge/fitting and air compressor. Good luck />
[/quote]

Thanks for the information!!!, i will try i just rented a Fuel Pressure Tester, and Compression test from Oreily's, however.. batterys dead lol anyways getting a jumper pack.
ONE THING i must ask you guys i found something new i JUST TRYIED searching nothing on s2000 just civic and trucks.. ON the Fuel Pressure Pulsation damper if you remove the Plastic cap, theres a small screw, on my s2000 the screw came completely out. i read online some people say its NON-adjustable and just screw it in some say it is..
please let me know, maybe this could be my problem!
Old 11-14-2012, 05:12 PM

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
This Thing the Screw came out could it be related to my problems!?
/>/>