S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.
View Poll Results: For you qualified AP1s, Did you replace your Oil Banjo Bolts?
Yes
26.74%
No
47.67%
What is a BANJO bolt
25.58%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

AP1 Oil Banjo Bolts aka Oil Sprayers

Old 08-02-2012, 04:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by XBMAX
Originally Posted by Billman250' timestamp='1343935914' post='21908658
Oil jets have no affect on oil usage, nor do they cause a leak.

Nor do they go bad. They were UPDATED.
Forgive me for trying to further my knowledge on my car.

If you had actually READ the topic, you would understand what they do, and what was changed......rather than doing so you just skipped to the last page and asked a question that's been asked countless times before.....

On another note, I have a full set of the upgraded bolts and the oil jets in my FS thread which can be found in my sig.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

1103582...oh well. NA and keeping it that way!
Old 08-17-2012, 10:42 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I am currently rebuilding my engine. I have a MY2000 and a previous owner replaced the original banjo bolts with the four hole banjo bolts with taller heads. Upon cleaning & inspection I noticed that only one bolt has the internal ball valve working properly. The other 3 bolts have loose balls & the springs do not work. If you hold them at the right angle you can see light passing through them from the sides (the ball should be blocking the light through the sides unless it is under pressure (28psi I believe)). I can easily blow & suck air through the small inlet hole on the end with my mouth.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

The only problem I can see is that the leaking internal ball valves will drain the oil in the galleys when the motor is turned off. Should I replace them or run them? Instinct tells me to wait & replace them but I doubt my local parts houses or dealers will have these in stock.

If you reference the manual, look at the cross section drawing in section 8-7 (page 200 in electronic manual).

Looks to me like they still need to improve the banjo bolts....
Old 08-18-2012, 02:30 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Road racer
Upon cleaning & inspection I noticed that only one bolt has the internal ball valve working properly.
The other 3 bolts have loose balls & the springs do not work
Can you post a picture?
Please?
Old 08-18-2012, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Road racer
I am currently rebuilding my engine. I have a MY2000 and a previous owner replaced the original banjo bolts with the four hole banjo bolts with taller heads. Upon cleaning & inspection I noticed that only one bolt has the internal ball valve working properly. The other 3 bolts have loose balls & the springs do not work. If you hold them at the right angle you can see light passing through them from the sides (the ball should be blocking the light through the sides unless it is under pressure (28psi I believe)). I can easily blow & suck air through the small inlet hole on the end with my mouth.

The only problem I can see is that the leaking internal ball valves will drain the oil in the galleys when the motor is turned off. Should I replace them or run them? Instinct tells me to wait & replace them but I doubt my local parts houses or dealers will have these in stock.

If you reference the manual, look at the cross section drawing in section 8-7 (page 200 in electronic manual).

I have a set of 4 in perfect shape. 45$ shipped if you're interested. Includes the squirters.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by SpitfireS
Originally Posted by Road racer' timestamp='1345272172' post='21946423
Upon cleaning & inspection I noticed that only one bolt has the internal ball valve working properly.
The other 3 bolts have loose balls & the springs do not work
Can you post a picture?
Please?
Here is a picture. I used my desk lamp to shine light through 2 opposing holes.

The ball & spring are still inside on each one but it seems as thought the spring is either broken or lost all tension in all 3 of the defective ones.

I wonder if I could have damaged them in some way during cleaning. I soaked them in my solvent tank (mineral spirits) and blew them out with my air nozzel. I would not think that would have compressed the spring to loose it's tension.

The other problem is there is no way to take it appart & put it back together. I just ordered 4 brand new ones from Majestic. Hopefully I will get these & the rest of the motor back together next weekend.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by jordanksartell
Originally Posted by Road racer' timestamp='1345272172' post='21946423

I have a set of 4 in perfect shape. 45$ shipped if you're interested. Includes the squirters.
Thanks but I would like to go with new ones since everything else is new. I don't need the squirters so it was not much more to just get new bolts. Thanks anyway!
Old 08-18-2012, 08:25 AM

these have less than 5K miles on them.....
Old 02-28-2017, 06:02 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

I have a MY 02...and the previous owner did upgrade both the banjo bolts and installed a baffled oil pan. Bumping this ttt so any newer ap1 owners might see it.