S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

AP1 - Koni Yellows Installed already - Want to DIY TEIN S TECH - help?

Old 12-31-2017, 09:31 AM

Received 1,435 Likes on 1,070 Posts

Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER
I definitely made sure to clock the bushings one side at a time by loading the suspension with a floor jack. Only after each side was loaded by the jack then I tightened the bolts. I'm very sure no bolts were tightened to spec until the bushings were clocked.
I was confused by you saying your bushing clock procedure was to jack the hub to its middle position where it should sit. That is not the correct procedure. You jack it so that all that corners weight is on the jack, on the suspension. Jack it so that corner lifts fully off that corners jack stand.

Since you seem convinced you did it correctly, perhaps I misunderstood what you meant.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:27 AM

Received 208 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Car Analogy
I was confused by you saying your bushing clock procedure was to jack the hub to its middle position where it should sit. That is not the correct procedure. You jack it so that all that corners weight is on the jack, on the suspension. Jack it so that corner lifts fully off that corners jack stand.

Since you seem convinced you did it correctly, perhaps I misunderstood what you meant.
I think I should have mentioned that I jacked each corner until it cleared that corners jack stand instead of saying "in the middle". Did you see the pics of the after? Will the suspension settle to the point that the car actually looks even lower than it is now or does "suspension settling" not have a visible impact?
Old 01-01-2018, 09:58 AM

Received 1,375 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Give it ~500miles before the alignment.

It should settle minimally.

What country are you in? The weather looks pretty good. It was -(negative)12F here last night. I haven't seen or driven my S2000 in months.
The following users liked this post:
RolanTHUNDER (01-01-2018)
Old 01-01-2018, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by B serious
Give it ~500miles before the alignment.

It should settle minimally.

What country are you in? The weather looks pretty good. It was -(negative)12F here last night. I haven't seen or driven my S2000 in months.
That long? OK thanks. I'll drive a few hundred miles more then do the alignment. I felt it pull to the left on the highway on Saturday. It could have been tyre pressure mismatches up front though.

In sunny South Africa That is super cold dude! It's summer here so we're boiling. 34 degrees Celsius at times. When it cools down later in the day or if the sun isn't blazing hot during the day then it's perfect top down weather

What oil do you run at that low temperature?
Old 01-02-2018, 02:10 PM

Received 1,375 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER
That long? OK thanks. I'll drive a few hundred miles more then do the alignment. I felt it pull to the left on the highway on Saturday. It could have been tyre pressure mismatches up front though.

In sunny South Africa That is super cold dude! It's summer here so we're boiling. 34 degrees Celsius at times. When it cools down later in the day or if the sun isn't blazing hot during the day then it's perfect top down weather

What oil do you run at that low temperature?
Ha. I miss living in a warm place, bru.

I drive an Acura TSX as a daily (That's a Honda Accord to you guys). It would run fine on 5W30. I use 0W20, 0W30, or 0W40 all year round.

It was -15F (-26C) this morning Here's how cold that is:
-I started my car up in my +40F (4C) garage and drove off straight away (I never warm cars up).

-The clutch, and gear selector, brakes, and power steering worked like normal because the garage was relatively warm

-As I was driving (while the car was running and driving!!) the clutch and transmission fluid started to noticeably thicken. The clutch became sluggish and the gear selector became more and more notchy AS I WAS DRIVING THE CAR!

Consider yourself lucky. I'd take 34C any day, all day haha. That's about the hottest it gets for us during summer...and to me, that's lovely weather.

All winter, they spray chloride and rock salt all over the roads to keep them from icing...and sand for traction. It beats cars up.

I drive my S2000 from late spring (~June) after the roads have been washed off by rain thru mid-autumn (~October/November) when it starts to snow again.
Old 01-04-2018, 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by B serious
Ha. I miss living in a warm place, bru.

I drive an Acura TSX as a daily (That's a Honda Accord to you guys). It would run fine on 5W30. I use 0W20, 0W30, or 0W40 all year round.

It was -15F (-26C) this morning Here's how cold that is:
-I started my car up in my +40F (4C) garage and drove off straight away (I never warm cars up).

-The clutch, and gear selector, brakes, and power steering worked like normal because the garage was relatively warm

-As I was driving (while the car was running and driving!!) the clutch and transmission fluid started to noticeably thicken. The clutch became sluggish and the gear selector became more and more notchy AS I WAS DRIVING THE CAR!

Consider yourself lucky. I'd take 34C any day, all day haha. That's about the hottest it gets for us during summer...and to me, that's lovely weather.

All winter, they spray chloride and rock salt all over the roads to keep them from icing...and sand for traction. It beats cars up.

I drive my S2000 from late spring (~June) after the roads have been washed off by rain thru mid-autumn (~October/November) when it starts to snow again.
U sound like you lived here before 'bru'

Such cold!!! The car was beginning to freeze as you drove... that's COLD. I use 5W30 in my Corolla 4AFE and the local Honda dealer surely filled a Castrol variant 5W30 in my S2K. Going to Motul 5W40 now Will DIY this oil change. One of my favourite things to do hehe.

Yeah I've heard about road salt being rough on cars. Damn I'd be scared. I'd also leave my S2000 locked away until that stuff is gone. I should actually be more thankful I live in SA JUST BECAUSE the weather is actually quite nice and livable. Same in Australia. Felt much the same as here. Same hemisphere and lateral margin, etc.