S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Anyone Replaced Plastic Window?

Old 07-08-2004, 02:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Replaced Plastic Window?

Not really sure if this belongs in UTH, but I didn't see any other topic that it would fit in. Sorry if it's off topic.

A while back, a little kid in the neigborhood put a stick through my back window (how he got it through i don't know) and they've bought me a new one. I had to take it out of the box when I picked it up from Honda...and I left it at my parent's house until I was ready to install it (much bigger garage).

Well, now my parents have moved it and they lost this long black strip that came with it. It was about 3-5 inches wide, and approximately the length of the car from driver's side to passenger's side. It came in a plastic sleeve. I have the window and the rivets, but I"m missing this part. I never really took a good look at it, but I'm guessing it had adhesive on it and that it was some kind of seal...or maybe it's the part that I put the rivets through?, I don't really know since I haven't attempted to take the top off yet (actually my friend's dad that owns an upholstery shop). My question to you guys is: Is there anything I can use as a subsitute for this piece since it has magically disappeared? Or do I even need it...ie...will the "old" strip work. I wish I looked at the strip so I can have an idea of what I'm dealing with. I really don't want to have to order a whole new window just for this one strip, but I guess if i have to, i have to.

Any of you guys have any experience with this?

Thanks,
Dave
Old 07-08-2004, 09:34 AM
KLN

The piece you are referring to is the rain guard, i think thats what it's called. You're suppose to attach that piece to the bottom of the soft-top with rivets and then attach that to the body of the car. If you can't find it, then you can just re-use the old one from your damaged soft-top.

All you'll have to do is uninstall the old top, drill out the rivets on your old rain guard to seperate it from your soft-top and then revit it to your new soft-top.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:44 PM

awesome, thanks! I wanted to make sure before I took the top off and realized I needed a part.

Thanks again!
Dave