S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Anyone with Lowered S2000 and Spoon/Regamaster Wheels?

Old 01-28-2002, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by S2R

haha...lol. no i don't think that person can help prolene.
Like pulling on ones own bootstraps....
Old 01-28-2002, 05:53 PM

If you have a very aggressive race alignment and rolled fenders, it might just be OK.
Old 01-28-2002, 07:33 PM

Originally posted by spider
If you have a very aggressive race alignment and rolled fenders, it might just be OK.
yeah, like spoon's setup (you should see the camber on that baby).
Old 01-28-2002, 07:35 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Prolene,
Looks like you should get something adjustable just to make sure it is not too low. Put 3 or 4 hundred pounds of stuff in the trunk and look at it. This might give you some idea of clearance problems.
Old 01-28-2002, 08:47 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sideways
[B]Prolene,
Old 01-28-2002, 08:55 PM

Hey, Richard, glad to see you post like before again.
Old 01-29-2002, 06:40 AM

Thanks everyone for your replies!
Old 02-02-2002, 11:18 PM

Why dont u ask Spoon AP1? he has the spoon wheels AND he has it lowered...

Im sure you've seen his car here before.....he has teh Amuse front spoiler.....has a spoon banner on the windshield....
Old 02-03-2002, 05:37 PM

Did I hear my name?

The offset of the Spoon SW388 wheels is definitely NOT made for aggressive lowering on the S2K. I have it lowered to about one finger gap at the front and rear fender. Compared side-by-side with an S2K running kg/mm race lowering springs, I believe my car is just ever so slightly lower. The only time I have ever experienced rubbing is at relatively high speed over BIG bumps or dips in the road... and usually at the rear. However, keep in mind that I was running the Zeal coilovers... 8Kg front and 8Kg rear... with the shock settings fairly high. I would not recommend using lowering springs and stock shocks with the Spoon wheel setup since the dampening may not be aggressive enough to prevent bottoming out (and hence rubbing the fender) over big bumps and dips.

I know two other S2K owners really well with variations of the setups I have mentioned...

Shamu has wheels with good offsets... and runs the stock shocks with the kg/mm race lowering springs... no problems whatsoever... comfy ride... looks great. For most people, this would seem to be the ideal city street setup. The kg/mm's are a dual rate spring, so that the initial travel is quite comfortable... but as the spring is compressed further, the stiffer portion of the spring comes into play so that aggressive cornering is much better. Basically, the best of both worlds.

blau-blau has the same Zeals (and many of the same mods) that I did... but he is running 17" Volk Racing TE-37's. Offsets were pretty good, as recommended by Volk... 17x7.5 +48 for the fronts... 17x8.5 +50 for the rears. And dammit... it looks SWEEEET! I really do wish I had 17's or 18's sometimes... *sigh*. Now I'm sure many of you have seen his ride... white S2K with hardtop and white Volks... slammed to the ground... I'd say with the fenders ever so slightly covering the rubber. However, during hard cornering or over big bumps, he still experienced rubbing... quite badly actually... and sustained some damage to the front fenders. So, if you want to slam it, make sure your wheel offsets are pretty damned close to ideal... like +55 front and +62 rear... and not too wide either.

Now to be honest, the S2K should probably not be lowered any more than 2.5 inches to retain good handling. This has been discussed in numerous threads before... but basically, anything lower than 2.5 inches and you won't be able to adjust the camber... and worse yet, the tow characteristics of the rear suspension are aggressive enough at this height as to make the car handle poorly. As for rolling the fenders, I have heard that the S2K's fenders are very difficult to roll... can anybody confirm this?

Anyways... in summary... if you're planning on running Spoons or Regamasters... don't plan on going too low! But yes, it IS possible to lower it using this wheel setup as long as you're not TOO low or drive TOO aggressively (or live in a city with TOO many bumps and potholes!)!!! :wink:

BTW... I luv all things SPOON... but you've probably figured that out by now!

Spoon AP1
Old 02-03-2002, 09:05 PM

Im running 17" wheels with +44 offsets and I have my car lowerd but only about an inch.....(i have a two finger gap)

poor offsets but no rubbing even with aggressive driving and poor roads

Spoon AP1, u wouldnt happen to have the offsets for Shamu's 18's, would u?....

Quick Reply: Anyone with Lowered S2000 and Spoon/Regamaster Wheels?