S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Anyone have experience with broken innovative 65a mounts? Rattle/vibration

Old 09-18-2013, 08:09 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Anyone have experience with broken innovative 65a mounts? Rattle/vibration

Ok this has been annoying the crap out of me for over a year now.. I can't remember when it started exactly but sometime after putting my F22c in March last year. Not sure if its related or not but at the same time I put a brand new set of innovative 65a's engine and trans mounts. I read bad reviews about them afterwards but my car was sitting in someone elses shop with the engine out and the oem mounts were broken so I was pressed for time.. Should have looked into them first.

So the problem. I have this vibration/rattle coming from under the car on the passenger side, kind of sounds like near the motor. It started out faint and would go away after the motor warmed up a bit. Now its way worse. It seems to go away as the motor is torqued too, but as soon as you let off the throttle, even out throttle (cruising) or idle it comes back. At this point it still mostly goes away when its warm but you can still hear it a bit. About a month ago I got under the car and checked all points on the exhaust to make sure it wasnt touching anything, made sure the heatshield on the manifold was bolted properly and the manifold support bolt was also tight. I was running short on time and the car was getting warm so the vibration was going away, couldn't pinpoint anything.. I also torqued all of my subframe bolts, retorqued the engine mounts and brackets at all points, and that seemed to have made it worse. I'll try to get a video but it is super loud and annoying, the last thing I want to hear at 6am when I start it up.

So if anyone who's had the mounts fail on them, can you relate to my problem at all? I didn't really look over the mounts with a fine comb but I didnt see anything out of the ordinary. I've never seen pics of them broken so not real sure what would i'd be looking for. There's no clunks or weird noises either. Also, I understand that poly mounts are going to bring out some rattles and stuff but this is way worse.. I had an RSX type s with solid mounts so I know the difference between normal vibrations and something is off lol.

I know there's a rattle/vibration thread but I wanted to hopefully single out someone whos had experience with the 65a's. Thank you.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The polyurethane would be split or cracked if the mounts are on their way out. Thats probably the best indication.. but you said it happened striaght after install so youll probably want to double check all the mounting bolts/nuts.

I have hasport 70a and havent had an issue since installed earlier this year..well besides the vibration which I've gotten used to lol.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:39 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Alright ill look at them a bit closee when i get a chance. And as stated above i checked and tightened all related bolts. Thanks!