S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Anybody w/ Vortech and VAFC that may have encountered this?

Old 07-31-2003, 05:33 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HardtuTame
[B]

Yup, the car runs fine now.
Old 07-31-2003, 06:12 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally posted by xviper
If you put the VAFC back on the same way, you'll know real quick.
You have not been the first with a car that didn't run right due to a bad harness.
ok thanks so its working then.

honda9krpm:

im working off the top of my head so...

to close the circuit, for example on the vtec wires (purple and pink) that goes to the ecu and to the sensor, just simple splice them together. The grounds which are black and brown also splice together. The VTM wire i had to splice a wire at the ECU harness and run it down to the VTM wire at the harness. The first thing I did when i got my harness was put quick disconnects to easy removal, although im not crazy about those disconnects, well im not crazy about the harness period.
Old 07-31-2003, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"in case you care to know I had the VAFC pressure input wire (white) spliced into the map controller's blue wire therefore sending a boost signal to the VAFC.

The white (input pressure) wire from the VAFC goes to the map controller's output wire (white). The yellow output wire from VAFC goes to #17 wire on 31P blue connector."

are these the only 2 wires that need to be spliced into on the VAFC harness for the black box to work with VAFC harness hooked up and between the real stock wiring harness and black box wires?

If so, I will be putting my VAFC back in ASAP.

Can anyone confirm the correct wiring for the vafc to work with stock ecu and black box?
Old 08-01-2003, 03:21 AM
Member (Premium)

yup, pretty much. those are the only 2 that will trip the black box. As I learned it must be connected at the output white wire from the map controller so it doesnt see boost.

Again thanks all for your input, it helped!!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CMiS2K
[B]"in case you care to know I had the VAFC pressure input wire (white) spliced into the map controller's blue wire therefore sending a boost signal to the VAFC.

The white (input pressure) wire from the VAFC goes to the map controller's output wire (white). The yellow output wire from VAFC goes to #17 wire on 31P blue connector."

are these the only 2 wires that need to be spliced into on the VAFC harness for the black box to work with VAFC harness hooked up and between the real stock wiring harness and black box wires?
Old 08-01-2003, 03:23 AM
Member (Premium)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HardtuTame
[B]yup, pretty much. those are the only 2 that will trip the black box.
Old 08-01-2003, 10:49 PM

so the MAP wire on the VAFC harness is the only one that needs to be spliced or tap with like a T?

white wire on MAP controller to yellow wire on the harness because it leads to the computer and the blue map wire to the white wire on the harness because it leads to the engine compartment? Does this need a tap and then a male connector to plug the corresponding wire into the MAP controller wires like "T"?

Or is the white & yellow MAP vafc wires just cut and left out of the loop?

I am really struggling with understanding how to make this work.

I have VAFC and a harness and I want them to work!

Can you take a picture and post your wiring set up on the board???
Old 08-01-2003, 10:56 PM

Old 08-01-2003, 10:59 PM

here is a picture of the #17 MAP wires that run into the vafc off of the harness. Yellow runs towards the ECU connection side and the white runs towards the engine compartment or the stock wiring harness. Where do I make the splice and which wires on the MAP controller go where? white to yellow and blue to white? and then the wires going to the VAFC just drop out of the loop?
Old 08-02-2003, 08:17 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally posted by CMiS2K
here is a picture of the #17 MAP wires that run into the vafc off of the harness. Yellow runs towards the ECU connection side and the white runs towards the engine compartment or the stock wiring harness. Where do I make the splice and which wires on the MAP controller go where? white to yellow and blue to white? and then the wires going to the VAFC just drop out of the loop?
CM unfortunately I could not take a picture of mine as I didnt want to keep having wires come off, I had to avoid, moving the harness as it is a very flimsy wire. However, I am willing to help you or anybody.

i will PM you with my cell if you arent outta the country you can call me.
Old 08-04-2003, 09:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

It will not be tapped (like a "T"). The yellow wire from the black box to the ECU will be cut, and the V-AFC will be put in the middle.

Quick Reply: Anybody w/ Vortech and VAFC that may have encountered this?