S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

any tips on how to remove hood safely

Old 11-03-2010, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any tips on how to remove hood safely

Ok, might be doing the swap today, was just curious if anyone has any tips on the process? checked around s2ki but most of the threads i see are about adjusting the latch in the front but not the actual process...

Just trying to see if i'm suppose to unbolt the mounts attached to the car first then just lift entire hood out with mounts attached? Or do i leave the mounts attached to the car, and just unbolt the mount from teh hood..

Any other tips or suggestions? Just doin a lil research before i get started on it. Thanks
Old 11-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Leave the mounts attached to the car, only unbolt the bracket that attaches to the hood itself (two bolts on each side).

For the first side, just have a friend hold the hood as you unbolt it from the car, the hood is long so make sure he is holding it about the middle of the length of the hood. After you remove those two bolts, and your friend is holding the hood, go to the other side and remove those two bolts while your bracing the hood. Then just walk forward and set the hood down. It would be easier with 3 people because then two can hold the hood as you unbolt them

When you put your new hood on, put it on the same way you took it off. You and a friend hold the hood up as you align and put one bolt in and hand tighten (You can rest the edge of the hood on the plastic trim for a second while you grab the bolt and tool), bolts before you move to the other side. Then after the hood is attached to the bracket you can adjust it then. But again this process would be easier with 3 people

Also remember not to tighten your CF hood down too tightly, you might crack the FRP or even the CF. Just tighten it till it stops turning then give it a little more.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:09 PM

AH, that doesn't sound too bad, thanks for the tips man. Lets hope it fits close to stock atleast lol
Old 11-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Former Sponsor

There are a few adjustment points that you can fiddle with. The first is of course where you bolt the hood up. You can loosen the bolts a bit and move the hod from side to side.

The hood latch itself can be loosened and adjust to go up or down. if the front of the hood sits too low...or two high.

And there a like 4 bump stops located near the radiator stays and the shock towers that can be turned up or down depending on if the hood needs to sit higher or lower.

All pretty easy to adjust, just a bit time consuming
Old 11-04-2010, 07:11 AM

Hood installed, Hood was perfectly alligned. LOOKS like it was made by honda themselves lol the fit was that good. Only issue was the latch attached to the hood that hooks to the car. So i took out the 4 screws an took it off the hood so i can drill new holes to move it a lil to the left. and ofcourse i moved the locking mechanism on the car to go a lil higher. I was more worried about the overall spacing on each side due to some old posts here on s2ki complaining that their hood doesn't look right... But yea, props to seibon and vivid racing for shipping it fast!

THanks Shadow for the tips.