S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Any interest in a Quaife Differential?

Old 08-20-2004, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any interest in a Quaife Differential?

Just got an email back from them. I'm interested in letting them make one specific for the s2000, but they'll need a whole diff so they can make one or so. Are there people internested in one from Quaife? I know kaaz has one, but they are clutch type diffs, and quaife are torsen.
And if anyone wants to donate a diffs let me know know will be difficult.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

send me your diff and $500 and I'll send it back to you with a quaife

psst you already have a Torsen T2 diff (which is what a queef is).
Old 08-20-2004, 10:27 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

LMAO. I haven't heard or seen the word queef in years.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:17 AM

I would be extremely interested in a quaife diff for our car. I always wondered why quaife didn't make one for the s2000, especially since alot of f/i guys are blowing up their diffs. A diff with a guarantee that doesn't blow? Hell yeah!
Old 08-20-2004, 11:27 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Where does it say anything about the diff being guaranteed not to blow?

If any differential manufacturer could pull that off they would have the market cornered by now.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by krazik,Aug 20 2004, 02:23 PM
send me your diff and $500 and I'll send it back to you with a quaife

psst you already have a Torsen T2 diff (which is what a queef is).
ppsssstttt I know we already have a torsen diff, psssssst ours break, quaife can give a product that can hold the power of a FI s2k and wont break easily as our stock ones. pppsssssssssst
Old 08-20-2004, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by honda606,Aug 20 2004, 11:27 AM
Where does it say anything about the diff being guaranteed not to blow?

If any differential manufacturer could pull that off they would have the market cornered by now.
Straight from the quaife website regarding warranty:

Quaife America Torque Biasing Differential Lifetime Warranty: Quaife America warrants each new Quaife ATB Differential against defects in manufacture, material, workmanship, and wear-out when used in the vehicle application for which it was originally designed, on any motor vehicle, under any and all operating conditions, including racing, for as long as the original purchaser, or any subsequent purchaser owns the differential. The original purchaser must complete and mail in the accompanying warranty registration form within 30 days of the purchase date to qualify for this warranty. The registrant must present a copy of this warranty together with a copy of the original receipt to the service outlet or parts store from whom the differential was originally purchased when making a claim for replacement or repair. All warranty claims submitted must include proof of purchase. Failure to provide proper documentation renders warranty null and void.

Check it yourself if you don't believe me. www.quaifeamerica.com and go to ATB differentials .
Old 08-20-2004, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by StinkyTofu,Aug 20 2004, 02:31 PM
Straight from the quaife website regarding warranty:

Quaife America Torque Biasing Differential Lifetime Warranty: Quaife America warrants each new Quaife ATB Differential against defects in manufacture, material, workmanship, and wear-out when used in the vehicle application for which it was originally designed, on any motor vehicle, under any and all operating conditions, including racing, for as long as the original purchaser, or any subsequent purchaser owns the differential. The original purchaser must complete and mail in the accompanying warranty registration form within 30 days of the purchase date to qualify for this warranty. The registrant must present a copy of this warranty together with a copy of the original receipt to the service outlet or parts store from whom the differential was originally purchased when making a claim for replacement or repair. All warranty claims submitted must include proof of purchase. Failure to provide proper documentation renders warranty null and void.

Check it yourself if you don't believe me. www.quaifeamerica.com and go to ATB differentials .
Yeah, count me in!
Old 08-20-2004, 11:48 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by buzilanga,Aug 20 2004, 12:31 PM
ppsssstttt I know we already have a torsen diff, psssssst ours break, quaife can give a product that can hold the power of a FI s2k and wont break easily as our stock ones. pppsssssssssst
that woudl be fine and dandy if the diff unit was the part that was failing
Old 08-20-2004, 11:58 AM

What i've heard, its the diffs that break easier, then the ring or pinion, housing bla bla bla. Still thinking of letting a place "reinforce" or make a new housing that will still be the same as oem, but can hold more punishment.

Quick Reply: Any interest in a Quaife Differential?