S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Any experience with Speed products From ScienceofSpeed?

Old 03-19-2002, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any experience with Speed products From ScienceofSpeed?

Hey all,

I'm looking to get some parts for my 01 S2 from Science of Speed. Does anyone know if the Speed brand parts are any good? Information from Chris (Who was extremely kind and returned my mail in a matter of 15 minutes with quote included) is that some of the parts were co-devloped with Spoon sports, and again "some" of the parts are made in the same factory with the same specs. Chris said that he has a shipment coming in in a few weeks that will include parts to be installed for dyno testing. I will wait til then if I have to but I thought I'd see what experience other have had with Speed Tokyo and Science of Speed.

What pics I have seen look like that usual Japanese quality but the pricing is unbelieveably attractive.

Also, has anyone heard the Speed Exhaust in person, is it rediclously loud, raspy or what?

Is Spoon by any other name still the same??

Peace

Kristian
Old 03-19-2002, 12:41 PM

The Science of Speed web site was the very first I saw of these Speed products, when I went to the site a few weeks ago. I too am curious, as I've never heard of the products.
Old 03-19-2002, 12:44 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wesmaster
[B]The Science of Speed web site was the very first I saw of these Speed products, when I went to the site a few weeks ago.
Old 03-19-2002, 05:43 PM

I've been asking the same thing about Speed. I understand though that they are a high-quality brand. I was gonna get the header when the SoS site said it was $495....now it's $995 Oh well
Old 03-19-2002, 06:26 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Science of Speed is mentioned quite often at NSX Prime - http://www.nsxprime.com/cgi-bin/ubb/Ultimate.cgi

I didn't realize they did S2000 parts until just recently. Lots of NSX stuff, though.
Old 03-19-2002, 08:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi All --

Speed, Inc. is not new to the S2000 tuner circle in Japan. Ran by Mr. Shimotsuji, Speed has partnered with Spoon Sports to co-develop but mostly co-test Spoon products on the endurance racing circuit in Japan. Speed currently fields an S2000 and most recently a NSX in several endurance challenges in Japan including the Super Taiku Battle and Pokka 1000km Battle. Speed's competitive success has largely orbited around the S2000 entry, as Speed has found it to be a competitive and reliable endurance platform.

(ScienceofSpeed wrote an article based on the Speed team's NSX entry, and will have a story soon on the S2000 entry)
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/news/082001_...00km_at_Suzuka/

Speed offers their own line of products developed from this relationship with Spoon Sports.

One of the things that I truly respect about the Japanese tuners and vendors is an outstanding ability to work together synergistically; a characteristic of the Japanese mentality. ScienceofSpeed strives to follow this example to work closely with Japanese manufactures, race teams, and engineers to offer the very best performance products for the S2000 and NSX in the US.

ScienceofSpeed was contacted directly by the sponsor of the Speed team to bring the Speed line to the United States, and we are happy to offer these high quality products here as an official Speed, Inc. vendor:

http://www.ScienceofSpeed.com/Products/S2000/

You can find out more about ScienceofSpeed on our \"about us\" page, or e-mail us directly: info@ScienceofSpeed.com. Note: ScienceofSpeed is a registered s2ki.com sponsor, and we are currently waiting to be added to the Sponsor List. I believe the administrators are currently busy upgrading hardware to bring the best performing and feature-some community forum that I have ever participated in.

Regards,
-- Chris
Old 03-19-2002, 08:20 PM

Chris,

Thanks for the info on Speed, they sound like a very high-quality brand. Is your webiste correct in that the Speed header is $995? Thanks
Old 03-19-2002, 08:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MattH25
[B]Chris,

Thanks for the info on Speed, they sound like a very high-quality brand.
Old 03-19-2002, 08:40 PM

Originally posted by ScienceofSpeed

Hi Matt --

Yes, I double checked the price, and it is $995.00 + shipping & customs. We are constantly updating the website, and sometimes you may need to fit 'refresh' to make sure the latest content is loaded.

We should have our stock of this item replenished in about 3 weeks. Note that all prices are subject to change due to factors beyond our control (ie. Yen exchange).

Regards,
-- Chris
Alright, still a good price IMO. I have noticed you've been updating the site. I've seen more and more products everyday. Let me know when you get your next set of Speed Headers in.

Thanks.
Old 03-19-2002, 10:29 PM

Well, the Speed exhaust seems to look different from the Spoon exhaust in the pictures, so I don't figure it's the same thing. I look forward to seeing what sort of effect it has and how loud it is. The price is certainly nice.

Also, Science of Speed has very good prices on Spoon products as well. I'm interested in buying an effective yet liveable exhaust system and the Spoon N1 seemed the best so far. I was too wishy-washy to get in on Mingster's group buy, but SOS's price isn't far off that GB price. I'm not in too much of a hurry though and I'm curious about the Speed system now.

My curiousity is piqued.

Robin.

Quick Reply: Any experience with Speed products From ScienceofSpeed?